Search results

1. So_White_I_Glow

Question Questioning the possibility of turning a Gamecube controller into a Joy Con, need help from veterans

That's true, but it would be hard to solder to the ribbon cables. -----MERGE POST----- You can solder the pins to the board using more than you need and then you use the solder wick to remove the excess.
  2. So_White_I_Glow

Question Questioning the possibility of turning a Gamecube controller into a Joy Con, need help from veterans

Well yea, most of it can be done pretty easily if you know what you are doing. 1. This step is by far the hardest and I would need someone else to help. 2. The board isn't from scratch, it would literally be a clone of the original joy con PCBs. 3. Solder wick makes connecting small components...
  3. So_White_I_Glow

I know how this can be done. We first need a board scan of the joy cons. Then we can create a digital copy and modify that to fit the shape of the Gamecube case, buttons, analog sticks, etc. Once we have this prototype board we can order copies from jlcpcb.com. Then we solder on the components...