Search results

1. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Running portablizemii again would probably be the simplest option. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm wondering if the interference is present because the converter wants a higher voltage on the RGB lines - I saw someone a few pages back saying that even at peak it was only about 0.6v, which was...
  2. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

@Aurelio - ok so I've tried a few different VGA-to-HDMI converters and they all have that banding interference I mentioned initially. I've tried different types of wire and alternative solder points and none of it makes a difference. How do I reverse this hack and return my Wii to component...
  3. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Yeah, I hope I can actually find one, otherwise I'll need to undo the mod and I don't want to do that, because native VGA is better quality than the native component output. I've purchased a different converter with a different chipset (presumably) so I'll see what happens when it arrives...
  4. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Ok so I just rewired it going from the AV pads directly, and I was still getting the bars - but I realised it might have been the VGA-to-HDMI converter I was using, so I ditched that and went straight into a VGA monitor. No bars, perfectly crisp image. I'm quite impressed by the quality...
  5. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Would there be an issue if I pulled the signals off the AV pins instead of the caps? It'd make providing each channel with its own ground much easier.
  6. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

No, it's going to be in it's case, just without the drive. I might actually redo it with proper rgb coax from an old vga cable, and ground each signal individually. Also I tried pulling the signal from both sides of the cap and it made literally 0 difference to this issue. One thing is odd...
  7. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Yup. And it shows as 640x480p60 in both the settings and on the TV itself, so it's definitely getting the right signal. I've got ghosting around the text in priiloader as well, so it's quite likely an analog interference issue. Where's the best place to pull the signals from, in your...
  8. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

I've completed the mod and it's apparently working - I've got a complete image and it's holding sync. However I'm getting waves of diagonal bars from the top-right corner moving down to the bottom-left corner, they sort of come in, hold, and then go out, in waves. Any idea wtf that is? And any...
  9. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Will the initial steps only work using a composite cable? As in Yellow/CVBS, and red/white for audio? Or will a component/YPbPr cable work as well? Also, I'm assuming that as this is a native VGA output, it'll output full colour range?