Search results

1. MrPresident

My PS2W build

Dude, I've been wondering for years why some PS2 I have had that animation not working, searched a lot on google and never found out why. Thanks to your post, I can finally sleep tonight.
  2. MrPresident

Solved Can't get a 4 layer board to boot. This time I have everything (I think)

Ok it looks like doing the wiring from scratch solved the problem, thanks for all the support and I hope to see you when I show my first finished portable!
  3. MrPresident

Ok, luckily the HB channel thing is not my fault. What do you mean you use a drill? The drive is formatted like recommended and the 5v line seems stable
  4. MrPresident

Also the homebrew channel is upside down
  5. MrPresident

Might it be the port being trash? In this pic it's missing the ground as I disconnected some things to do a better wiring
  6. MrPresident

Do you think I should open a new post to talk about my software problem? Or am I stuck until I buy the recommended drive? I'm pretty sure that won't fix this issue
  7. MrPresident

Yep they are twisted. And they are tight. Do the wires need to be thick? Assuming the problem is the OS, would some exception information be useful for the troubleshooting? Do you think there is a way to reinstall it without messing it up even more?
  8. MrPresident

Ok thanks, apparently I was using the correct one. I'll try some other drives but it seems to freeze every time, even if for a few seconds it goes fine. Do the usb wires need to be short? Mine are like 15-20 cm
  9. MrPresident

As soon as I can I will buy the recommended drive. I noticed that in the portablizemii troubleshooting guide it says to use the USB nearest to the motherboard, but does it mean the lower one or the one with the solder pads nearest? If I connect the lower one it doesn't recognise it.
  10. MrPresident

Is it safe to reinstall portablizemii?
  11. MrPresident

Ok thanks, I was hoping that it could be the bluetooth. Also now every time PortablizeMii boots it freezes or brigs up an exception. EDIT: I managed to get in the system menu and sync the wiimote. I'm almost done, just need to fix the portablizemii exceptions. They are different and random...
  12. MrPresident

While I was uploading the USB wiring images the Wii booted fine for the first time! Seems like adding a ground wire to the ground pad near the LDO seemes to have done the trick. Thanks for the help guys! One last thing how can I wire the Wiimote sync button? Nevermind it was in the bluetooth...
  13. MrPresident

Yes I twisted them, I'm using a 3.0 SD card reader that always worked fine as my main USB drive died yesterday. I don't know if I have other good quality drives. Also sometimes I get an exception that brings me to the hb menu upside down and then freezes again.
  14. MrPresident

Ok so I wired USB and after a lot of attempts I can get a PortablizeMii boot logo but it freezes instantly.
  15. MrPresident

Shorting the reset line brings me to PriiLoader. Now I know the regs are fine, thanks. What should I do now?
  16. MrPresident

Hey everyone, here I am again. This time I tried to do everything there was to do. I bought and wired the PTH08080, checked voltages and trimmer a bit out the lines. When I power it up the screen is black and it's like it's resetting every half a second. The only thing I didn't try is to adjust...
  17. MrPresident

Question My Wii composite signal has red and green mixed

Small update: Yes, these screens do this problem with 60hz signal, reverting to 50hz solves the color mixing. Thanks.
  18. MrPresident

Question Can't get to boot 6-layer board

I'm using a 12v power brick and a 3A regulator to emulate a battery voltage as I'm having a hard time recharging them as I broke every charger I had. The PCB near the CPU was 5v for USB. The only time it worked the console was powered from batteries and the screen externally. I tried with this...
  19. MrPresident

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. So I sanded the board a bit and the short seems gone, but it does the same thing. It flashes those lines every second or so.
  20. MrPresident

Sorry. So I did the wiring from scratch and now I get a weird flickering that I managed to get in picture And yes, I'm not using the pth regulators because I couldn't find a decent source here in Europe. Since it worked twice I guess they should be fine for a test Edit: it appears that i...