Search results

1. gnarlynick

WTB: PowerMii Lite

I am looking for an assembled PowerMii Lite to implement into my portable system to take place of the PTH08080 regulators.
  2. gnarlynick

Worklog [Nintendo WiicUbe] Portablized Wii in Wii U Gamepad

The C rating is actually 5C. It appears I've misread how that is calculated.
  3. gnarlynick

When I requested the dimensions of the battery, they asked what discharge current I preferred and it was recommended that it utilize a 5A (2C) continuous discharge current with a 10A peak PCB.
  4. gnarlynick

Ok, just to clarify, you are recommending that instead of having the two LiPo cells (3.7v 10000mAh (37wh) each) setup in parallel (equalling @3.7v 20000mAh (74wh)) to set them up in series (equalling @7.4v 10000mAh (74wh)). This way, the regulators are supplied ~7.4v to disperse down to 5v...
  5. gnarlynick

What if I used a charging circuit pulled from a powerbank that initially had a 20000mAh LiPo in it? I didn't use it because I was unsure of the cell inside, but it cuts off charging once the battery reaches 4.2v. It outputs both 5v 1A and 5v 2A via the two USB A ports.
  6. gnarlynick

I came into contact with a Lithium-Ion Polymer battery manufacturer in China and was able to get a custom-made flat-pack Battery. This is two 10000mAh batteries put in parallel to make a 3.7v 20000mAh (74wh) battery. It measures in at 4.44" (112.73mm) long, 2.57" (65.17mm) wide, and 0.87"...
  7. gnarlynick

Worklog Shank's "First" Wii Portable Worklog: PiiWii Pocket

Thanks @Shank, could you provide a link to that calculator?
  8. gnarlynick

Thanks, @BocuD. I'll try and see what I can determine with my multimeter.
  9. gnarlynick

Worklog Shank's "First" Wii Portable Worklog: PiiWii Pocket

Hey @Shank, what voltage are you powering the IR LEDs with? Is it 5v or less? I see on the trimming guide there is a 12v PWM point (and gnd) for the sensor bar but I don't think that is necessary to power two IR LEDs. I'm building a system in a Wii U gamepad and it has two IR LEDs built-in...
  10. gnarlynick

I'm having some difficulty determining the pinout of the slide potentiometer I'm using in my build. I pulled a datasheet from the manufacturer and found that the bottom two pins are ground and the top right pin is unused (a "dummy"). That leaves the top and bottom left pins and the bottom right...
  11. gnarlynick

Discussion Portablized Wii in Wii U Gamepad - gattering info for now

I had the screen from the BOM, I found the driver board was absolutely huge and made the already tight space inside the shell tighter. This screen (same screen) comes with a much smaller driver board and supports VGA and runs on 5v without modification. Doing a test fit, I can get the driver...
  12. gnarlynick

@BocuD I put on a good audio book and resoldered everything using 34 AWG magnet wire with your stripping/tinning advice. I checked continuity on each lead and everything seems to be in good order; looks great too. Thanks for the suggestion and advice, this is definitely an improvement! Just...
  13. gnarlynick

I'll give this a shot, thanks for the advice.
  14. gnarlynick

Do you have any tips on stripping magnet wire? I have 34 AWG magnet wire and have tried the sandpaper trick as well as heating the end with both a lighter or the soldering iron, both proved to unreliably strip the enamel on the wire and sometimes melt away the wire itself. Out of frustration, I...
  15. gnarlynick

This is coming along at a slower pace than I was hoping. I got most of the controls wired in the GC+. Since I don't have room for the dual-tact mod in this case, I wired the left/right stick tact buttons (L3/R3) as the L and R buttons, the triggers being LT & RT. The RB is Z and LB is unused, as...
  16. gnarlynick

Here's a quick update post. I got the completed trimmed Wii from @BocuD and was able to cut copper sheet to size for a custom heatsink. The fan/heatsink is held on by a combination of double-sided thermal adhesive and some plastic screws, the copper sheet secures to the 4 screw posts in the Wii...
  17. gnarlynick

Model Jeff's Assortment of Various Models

Thanks, I'll look into this. I have thermal adhesive for smaller Raspberry Pi heatsinks, but I don't think it will hold well enough for the bigger heatsinks this project warrants.
  18. gnarlynick

So I just installed the custom resin cast buttons made by @Madmorda and they look great! A way better option than painting the buttons and all of the headaches that come with that both in building and using them. If you are looking for custom buttons, I highly recommend contacting her to see...
  19. gnarlynick

Model Jeff's Assortment of Various Models

How do you attach the fan/heatsink to the copper plate? Thermal pads as well? I tried using aluminum brazing wire to "weld" the aluminum heatsinks to the copper plate. It works but the heatsinks get pretty wrecked from the heat needed to melt the brazing wire.
  20. gnarlynick

Worklog The littleBIG Boy

The before/after photos are night and day. I'm loving this project and how everything is coming together