Search results

1. Dr._Mobo

Solved GameCube portable overheating?

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a GameCube portable (might make a work log later). The portable is almost closed up, but after around 10 minutes to 15 minutes of gameplay, I get a disk read error. When it happened yesterday I tried turning it off and back on again and it didn’t even...
  2. Dr._Mobo

Solved Wasp fusion solid blue light

Hello all, I have a wasp fusion that has been hooked up to my GameCube using a Megadrive V5. When I tested it a couple weeks ago, it was working perfectly. I left it alone for a couple weeks, and when I came back to the project it stopped working. When an SD card is inserted, i get a solid...
  3. Dr._Mobo

Question GameCube Audio issues

Hello everyone! The audio on my GameCube is very high pitched and distorted. I tried soldering directly to the AV chip on the GameCube and it did not help. Originally, the audio was so faint I could barely hear it. Buying a new audio amp made the sound much louder. I tried changing out my audio...
  4. Dr._Mobo

Protection Circuit?

OK, so I bought a cheap 5 volt power bank designed for charging phones. Inside it was a 3.7 volt, 2200 mah lithium ion battery and a protection circuit that boosts the output to 5 volts. Can I hook up a different battery to the circuit? I have some 3.7 volt, 3200mah lipo batteries that I'd like...
  5. Dr._Mobo

Question Swiss, Audio, and Bootup issues

So I am beginning to come close to finishing my gamecube portable, but it seems that Murphy's law is in full effect- as my gamecube has developed three issues that I don't know how to fix. If anyone has any idea what is going on with any of these issues, your input would be greatly appreciated...
  6. Dr._Mobo

Battery Replacement Question

Whats up BitBuilt! My issue is that I somehow managed to fry one of my battery cells for my GCP. I originally got 4 of the 3200 mah batteries from battery space (link...
  7. Dr._Mobo

Question Init Wiikey Fusion Issue

I am currently using a wasp fusion preflashed with swiss from BadAss Consoles, as well as a megadrive v5. Whenever I originally installed the wasp, everything worked pefectly. However, a couple of weeks later I get something that pops up on the screen that says my region switches are wrong. I...
  8. Dr._Mobo

Question Is My GC Fried?

Hello everyone, some of you may remember me from the modretro forums (although I was only active for a fairly short time). Anyways, I have decided to try making a GameCube portable again, but I came across a problem when rewiring the GameCube's power. The large filtration cap (for audio) labeled...