Search results

1. juankamq

Portable Gamecube in 2023

Hello Everyone. Hope you like it. Features: 3.5 inch 16:9 TFT screen 1 hour of playtime on batteries USB-C for charging Micro SD card for games 3DS sliders Nintendo switch buttons Dual tact mod on triggers Custom PCB's for power and controllers and audio RP2040-Zero as modchip with picoboot Enjoy!
  2. juankamq

Worklog My attempt at making a gamecube portable

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your comments
  3. juankamq

Hello everyone. I'm very happy to announce that i've finally finished this project. My battery chargers finally arrived and was able to solder and test them, here's the final product: In my hand for size reference: Here's a quick video: Edit: Although I really loved the finished product...
  4. juankamq

Hey man, nice to see you here!. I'm using 2s1p configuration which gives me 8.4 to 6.4v that's plenty to power everything. I'm getting 1 hour of play time on batteries, which is what I wanted. I should've used other type of batteries, but that's what I had lying around... Maybe next...
  5. juankamq

Worklog Bluetooth OG Gamecube controller

Awesome work man, I like it!
  6. juankamq

Hello everyone. I have a big update :awesome: I've received my boards for the controller and audio on saturday. To be honest, i didn't had much hope as this is my first custom pcb ever and I felt it was pretty big of a project. But to my surprise, the controllers worked perfect first try, I...
  7. juankamq

Worklog My first GCp

I like what you're doing man. First time seeing this post and I like it. I'm also making a portable gamecube, if you want to check my worklog here. If I can help you with anything, let me know (I speak spanish) Keep doing what you love
  8. juankamq

It's pretty small, about 4.5 by 5 inches
  9. juankamq

Hello everyone, I have a quick update. I've wired up everything in the back case to test all the components together (except from the controller board) and it's working. I might have to increase the voltage of the fan, it's running at around 48 degrees and at that temperature it starts to...
  10. juankamq

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I posted an update. Yesterday I received the 3ds sliders and tested them on an original controller, they worked perfect. I updated my 3d to accept these sliders, here's a preview: Then I 3d printed it and mocked up everything on the front: I'm...
  11. juankamq

Quick update... I ordered some 3ds sliders from china, should arrive soon. I also finally figured out the trigger assembly, I'll be using dual tact mod for L&R. Here are some pictures: I've also assembled a power regulator, and worked great: More updates coming soon...
  12. juankamq

Release GameCube AIO (Internal GBA player)

This is awesome!! I like people modding gamecubes in 2023
  13. juankamq

Welp, mi y stuff from china finally arrived and everything seems Ok. Iv'e wired up a nintendo switch joystick to an original gamecube controller, unfortunelly there's where my luck ended. The Y axis is inverted while the X axis works fine. Will investigate and try to find a solution for this.
  14. juankamq

Hello everyone. Quick status for my portable I finished the design for the power board, it takes 8.4v from the BMS and takes it down to 1.9v and 3.3v, It also has a JK flip flop so I can power up the unit with a single tact switch. Components needed: Tact switch (connected to BTN1 and BTN2...
  15. juankamq

Hello everyone. Today I wired up a microSD card and RPI2040-Zero for picoboot. After messing around with it for around 2 days with what I tought was wrong wiring with the micro SD. Turned out I was using a wrong pin for picoboot GP4 lol. Wiring for the microSD goes straigth of the CPU pins for...
  16. juankamq

The DC-DC converter I ordered for the 1.9v arrived, I was doubting it could power the gamecube for such a small thing. Rigged a quick test and it's working perfect, please ignore the messy wiring If you would've told me this tiny thing could produce 6 Amps or at least 3 to power the gamecube...
  17. juankamq

Today I started reverse engineering the original controller to relocate it to another board. I'm pretty much new to pcb design and kicad so it's taking me quite some time. I think I have the very basics to make the controller work, here are some screenshots: Schematic: PCB layout: PCB 3D...
  18. juankamq

This weekend I started playing around in fusion360 to make a case. this is what I came with: Front: Back: Complete: 3d printed without the front holes for size reference I'm liking it so far
  19. juankamq

I've done that a couple of times lol and I don't care about battery life. It's just a fun project. Today's update: Started looking around to which components i'll be using and I have most of them ordered. 1.9v reg - OKL-T/6-W12P-C Murata Power Solutions - 4.5-14V input, 0.591-5.5V output @6Amps...
  20. juankamq

I know, I know. A wii is better and all that... I have about 3 gamecubes with a broken laser, 1 dol 001 and 2 101. I built a really really bad gamecube portable back in 2011 I think, when the modretro forums were still alive and it came so crappy that I didn't forget it. Anyways here I am 12...