Search results

1. Cradiak

Worklog The Retro Dream - RetroPie in a Dreamcast VMU

Hey! Been awhile since I've done a project...like a long while lol But I've definitely been getting the itch and I've been in love with different RetroPie builds I've seen popping up, and I decided to do a project I saw a couple years ago that I absolutely fell in love with. This is not an...
  2. Cradiak

Testing durability of different clear coats

King of Random did a somewhat controlled test to find what clear coat was most durable with readily available products. Krylon Specialty Lacquer was one of the best. Good info, obviously will depend on what application you are using it on, but I thought I’d share it.
  3. Cradiak

[SOLD] GameCube Portable (GameCube SPITE)

Hello all! I am selling my beloved portable, the GameCube SPITE. This is the second portable I've made, and the first one I've put up for sale. Below is a link to the full details of this project, as well as all my work logs as I was building it. Completed Thread...
  4. Cradiak

The GameCube SPITE

I am thrilled to announce that I am finally finished with my GameCube Portable! It took me a little over 7 months, but every minute was worth it. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The official name I am giving it is the GameCube SPITE. Why you ask? Good question. One reason is in...
  5. Cradiak

Tips on safeguarding against bad buyers...

Wasn't sure if this should go in buying and selling since it's just a question, but feel free to move there if need be. First off, I did read the guide for buying/selling success (and read it twice;) ). I just finished my GCP, and will be posting my final worklog on it soon and putting it up...
  6. Cradiak

Question GameCube Controller Bare Minimum for Function?

I'm doing a GameCube controller mod, and I was just wondering what the bare minimum is for it to keep intact and still run fine? There are a slew of resistors, capacitors, and other stuff but I know you don't actually need them all for it to work. I am using it to make a GC compatible N64...
  7. Cradiak

Question Using switch prevents GameCube from powering on...

I've got a weird issue. I'm using a 12V battery pack to power my GCP, and because of the way the battery is setup, I had to use a DPDT switch. The battery's Vout shares the same port as the Charging port, so with the GameCube wired to the Vout directly, anytime the battery is charged (even if...
  8. Cradiak

Question Bluetooth amplifier ground issue...

I am using an old Bluetooth speaker for my audio amplifier for My GCP, but I ran into an issue. The amplifier's speaker doesn't have a common ground, so it won't work when I connect it to the gamecube. If I power the amplifier externally, then the sound works fine, but if the amp is powered from...
  9. Cradiak

WTB GameCube Disc Drive

Untrimmed would be great, if it is trimmed just attach a picture so I know if it will work with my case. Thanks!
  10. Cradiak

Question Disc Drive - Disc not spinning

I really don't know where to start when it comes to troubleshooting the disc drive...when I connect it to the mobo, the laser goes all the way inside, goes to the middle, and then back to the middle. I think it's trying to read the disc, but it's not spinning. I made sure the two plastic...
  11. Cradiak

Question Intermittent Controller Problem

I'm at the point in my gamecube Portable that I'm testing the disc drive and the controller. I've cut the controller in half and wired all the buttons to their respective place, and I have already tested it and all the buttons and joysticks are working properly. Tonight I got the connections on...
  12. Cradiak

LF GameCube DOL-101 Motherboard

I can get these for around 20 bucks on ebay (after shipping), just wanted to reach out on here first in case someone is looking to get rid of one. Must be fully working.
  13. Cradiak

Discussion Epoxy vs Super Glue + Baking Soda for Case Filler?

So I just saw a video from the King of Random on YouTube and they were experimenting with super glue and mentioned that you can use super glue and baking soda for filling in gaps and such in plastic and other things. Pack the hole with baking soda and then apply the super glue and it hardens...
  14. Cradiak

Question Voltage Regulator, No Voltage Output...

Hey guys. This voltage regulator is gonna be the end of me lol I've had way more problems than I out to have had with it. So I had to rewire the voltage regulator because almost all of the wires snapped (looks like the Flux I used corroded the stranded wire). After rewiring it, I have no...
  15. Cradiak

Question Alt. Ground For Damaged Ground Pin

I was rewiring the regulator for the gamecube portable I'm working on because a couple wires broke, and I accidentally bumped a wire and the pad for the ground pin on the regulator lifted off the board. Can I use any ground point on the regulator board and wire it to the GameCube? I was...
  16. Cradiak

Question How to get those perfect looking button cutouts (w/out 3d printer)

I am working on my GameCube Portable (go away haters lol) and I'm debating either or not to cut out fresh holes for the buttons or frankencase parts of the controller housing. I've seen projects where people took a zn housing or something else and cut the buttons holes out and the looked...
  17. Cradiak

Question Help with GameCube Controller Troubleshooting

I'm working on my GameCube Portable and I took an official GameCube controller board and cut it in half so I can have the buttons on either side of the portable. I wired all the controls from both halves together and just about everything works except a couple issues. I tested the controller...
  18. Cradiak

Question How to wire the GameCube regulator?

I've been following Kasar's GCP guide over on ModRetro, but some of the images he uses when showing how to wire up the regulator to the mobo have broken links and a YouTube video that's since been taken down. The one picture he does have doesn't seem to match up with how he said to wire it, so...
  19. Cradiak

Worklog Gamecube Portable: Let the Games Begin

This is the first entry for my Gamecube Portable, or semi-portable depending on whether or not I decide to go with a battery pack. I know what you're gonna say: "The Wii is better, don't mod a Gamecube!" Well forget the haters! I just happened to have a Gamecube lying around that I don't use...
  20. Cradiak

What is your electronic background?

Just curious what everyone's background is in. I am amazed at the level of electronic knowledge with many of you modders. I personally worked on phones (software as well as hardware with a fair amount of soldering) for Sprint for several years. I just graduated from college with an AAS in...