Search results

1. Festiva

Solved Joycon Analog Sticks Not Working on Gamecube Controller

Like the title says, I'm trying to use Joycon analog sticks on a 3rd party Gamecube controller. Here is my wiring to the analog stick. And here is the breakout board layout. These are the connectors that I have and am using...
  2. Festiva

Solved PICkit 3 Low Voltage Configuration Help

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so hopefully this is fine. My current issue is that I am trying to program a GC+ and whenever I connect the PICkit 3 to the PCB, MPLAB X IPE gives me this message: I have the device selected as PIC18F25K22 and my tool selected. Under the power settings I...
  3. Festiva

Question Installing BootMii without SD Card?

Is it possible to install BootMii as an ios without an SD card? I can't get Wii games to load on my trimmed Wii and it seems that BootMii is not installed. I've tried launching the HackMii installer but it just freezes at the loading part. Im assuming it does this because the SD card slot is...
  4. Festiva

Solved Help wiring 940nm LEDs for sensor bar

So I am using 940nm leds(IR204-A to be specific) to make a custom Wii sensor bar. I am having troubles wiring them up and am hoping I can get some assistance. So I know that I need a resistor with the led so that it doesn't burn out. I went here...
  5. Festiva

Solved OMGWTF Trim Not Booting, u10 via outputs .5v

So I have an OMGWTF trimmed Wii that is not booting. When I hook my regs up to it they read 3.3v, 0.990v and 1.13v. To me 0.990v and 1.13v seem too low but im not sure. The u10 via outputs 0.5v. I had u10 relocated before trimming and it worked fine. I covered the cpu and gpu in masking tape so...
  6. Festiva

Finished Wii Portable

Selling my finished Wii Portable. The specs of this portable are: 4.3" Composite Display 3D Printed Case Dual Tact L and R buttons Micro USB Charging. This has bluetooth relocated so you can play Wii games that support Gamecube controllers. It has batteries from a 5000mAh battery bank, but im...
  7. Festiva

OMGWTF Trimmed Wii Board

Have had this laying around for a bit so I decided to try to sell it. OMGWTF trimmed Wii board, does not come with any regs. At one point I tried to wire up bluetooth but gave up so the traces have been scratched, so please look at the photos. Can include a bluetooth module if needed. Asking...
  8. Festiva

Question 6 Layer Board Displays Black and White Lines

So I have a 6 layer board that is displaying black and white lines after I've trimmed it and done u10 relocation. Here is what it displays- Here are some pictures of my wiring- I was not able to get the Wii to boot before trimming it because it would short everytime I tried to power it on. If...
  9. Festiva

Solved Custom regulators outputting higher voltage when connecting to Wii

I just finished trimming my Wii and everything seems to be fine, but when I connect my custom regulators the voltage is higher then it should be. Without the Wii connected the regulators output 3.31v, 1.155v and 0.98v. When I connect them to the Wii they output 3.30v which is fine, the 1.155v...
  10. Festiva

Question Trim that leaves the USB and AV Port?

So im getting ready to trim my 4 layer Wii and was wondering if there was a trim that left the USB and AV Port working? I understand that cutting less of the board is harder to do but it would help me a lot with testing. I saw that @jefflongo built a Wii Micro that still had the USB and AV port...
  11. Festiva

Want to buy 2s CMB.

Working on my first Wii Portable and need atleast one CMB. I know that I can buy it off of eBay but im hoping to find someone willing to ship one to Canada since i've experienced long shipping times from things overseas. Here's an example of what im after...