Search results

1. Festiva

Discussion Wii Power Management System (open source)

According to Texas Instruments the TPS62095 has the same functionality and pinout. https://www.ti.com/product-folders/compare?parts=TLV62095,TPS62095&familyId=751&source=prodfolder It still seems difficult to find those, but a couple of sellers on Aliexpress have them in stock for a reasonable...
  2. Festiva

Question Can't get Wii to boot after by relocation.

If you disconnect the bluetooth module does it boot? Kinda hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like your putting 3.3v straight to pin 12 which is the sync pin. Normally you'd want a tactile button wired to 3.3v and the sync pin so the pins only connect when you push the button. I don't...
  3. Festiva

Discussion What kind of electronics experience did you have before making a portable?

A good way to learn more about portables in general is to just read the various worklogs / guides here. Another way that I learned more about electronics / portables was with Raspberry Pi handhelds. These are good because they are usually alot simpler then a Wii / PS2 portable to make, and on...
  4. Festiva

Solved Joycon Analog Sticks Not Working on Gamecube Controller

So I ended up getting it to work, I removed and re-soldered everything on the board, and soldered the resistors all facing the same direction. I guess some of my solder joints were bad, or something was shorting that wasn't supposed to be. Thanks for the help!
  5. Festiva

Not sure I should be creating a new thread if I have a new issue, but I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot my GC+. Here are some photos. I assembled it myself and as far as I can tell, everything looks fine. When I hook it up to the Wii, it acts as if the left trigger is being held and...
  6. Festiva

So flipping my wiring like you suggested seems to have fixed it, now the "sensitivity" if you want to call it that is slow, but I have the parts for a GC+ coming soon so that should fix that issue. Thanks!
  7. Festiva

Like the title says, I'm trying to use Joycon analog sticks on a 3rd party Gamecube controller. Here is my wiring to the analog stick. And here is the breakout board layout. These are the connectors that I have and am using...
  8. Festiva

Solved Trimmed Wii Black Screen

I might be completely wrong, but assuming that this is your 3.3v wire shouldn't it be soldered to either one of the 2 pins to the left of where you have it or to the bottom pad?
  9. Festiva

Solved PICkit 3 Low Voltage Configuration Help

I ended up getting it to work, I'm not really sure what I did but I restarted MPLAB and changed the USB port that the PICkit 3 was plugged into.
  10. Festiva

Solved PICkit 3 Low Voltage Configuration Help

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so hopefully this is fine. My current issue is that I am trying to program a GC+ and whenever I connect the PICkit 3 to the PCB, MPLAB X IPE gives me this message: I have the device selected as PIC18F25K22 and my tool selected. Under the power settings I...
  11. Festiva

Question USB drive for a wii

Here is a small list of compatible ones. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portablizemii-compatible-usb-drives.2608/ I've tried the 32gb and 128gb Samsung USB3.1 ones(https://www.newegg.ca/samsung-model-muf-128ab-am-128gb/p/N82E16820147718) and had varying results. I would personally...
  12. Festiva

Question Installing BootMii without SD Card?

Is there any chance of getting an SD card to work if my board looks like this? Seems that at least one of the traces has been cut.
  13. Festiva

Question Installing BootMii without SD Card?

Is it possible to install BootMii as an ios without an SD card? I can't get Wii games to load on my trimmed Wii and it seems that BootMii is not installed. I've tried launching the HackMii installer but it just freezes at the loading part. Im assuming it does this because the SD card slot is...
  14. Festiva

5" screen power conversion

What are the names on each of the chips? If you unplug the ribbon cable and remove the driver board under it it may say what the pads are for.
  15. Festiva

5" screen power conversion

Do you have the exact same driver board as the one in the picture? Or can you upload a picture of what yours looks like?
  16. Festiva

Solved No video on Wii

I would recommend trimming the Wii and then hook up your regs. Have you also tried hooking up a reset button?
  17. Festiva

Solved No video on Wii

Pictures would really help here. And by no video do you mean that you get no signal or does your screen turn black? I would wire up a reset button and see if you can boot into Priiloader.
  18. Festiva

Solved Help wiring 940nm LEDs for sensor bar

I just tried turning off the lights and my phone picked up the leds and a Wiimote worked with them. Thanks for the help!
  19. Festiva

I tried a 170ohm resistor and it brought the voltage down the about 1.1v, but the led still didn't light up when I looked at it with my phone's camera. Is there anything else I can try?
  20. Festiva

So I am using 940nm leds(IR204-A to be specific) to make a custom Wii sensor bar. I am having troubles wiring them up and am hoping I can get some assistance. So I know that I need a resistor with the led so that it doesn't burn out. I went here...