Search results

1. FS: 4" and 5" VGA screens

I'll buy a 5 inch if you still have extra. No rush.
  2. Discussion GameCube Portable Using Retail Products

Hey there! Just thought I'd share my current Gamecube tinkering using accessories that were sold for Gamecube or widely available elsewhere. The first few pics are of my BD&A gamecube bag that I just received, along with a Hip Gear controller which came with a 2.6 inch TFT screen (surprisingly...
  3. Question Battery For Portable Gamecube

I use the 12v Talentcell battery packs as-is for powering a GC and a Wii. They work fine, but they drop below 10.5 volts as the batteries deplete which causes one of my monitors to flicker. They are nice battery packs to use in a pinch, come with a wall charger and a cable to daisy chain them...
  4. Looking to buy trimmed / shrunken / portable Wii console

I'm looking at buying / making a Wii that retains the usual functionality except a disc drive. Mainly hoping to reduce the size/weight of the unit itself. No need to add screens / built in controllers / batteries. My current Wii has some stripped screws that I gave up on and I am I novice at...
  5. Fixing Gamecube Zenith Screen Bracket

So I've pinpointed one issue. With the screen detached, this blue wire is at 9 volts. When the screen is attached, the voltage drops to 3v. Input voltage is 12v to begin with. The capacitors look fine and continuity is good. I still think it might be a capacitor issue but I don't know how to...
  6. Fixing Gamecube Zenith Screen Bracket

Yup. Thanks for asking. I've got extra cubes for testing as well. I'll post more pics of this project later in the week to confirm what is working and what the board looks like.
  7. Fixing Gamecube Zenith Screen Bracket

I swapped to testing using the official Gamecube power supply. 12v 3.25 amps. Using this I have the same issues with the screen bracket. The intec cable being used is just a connector between the GC power supply and the screen and continues to work fine. I broke my setup by trying to replicate...
  8. Fixing Gamecube Zenith Screen Bracket

Thanks Stitches. I didn't see any Fs on the board on the front or back. Mostly things labeled C or R. The capacitors looked clean but I will double check. It seems beyond that I have a lot more to learn.
  9. Fixing Gamecube Zenith Screen Bracket

I wound up blowing a fuse on my gamecube which had a Zenith screen attached. I fixed the Gamecube, but do not know how to fix the screen bracket. The short was caused by using a 12v 3 amp portable battery with a homemade cable. The bracket board seems simple, but I can't see anything labelled...