Search results

1. LambBrainz

Another OMGWTF Troubleshooting Thread

Yeah I ordered a replacement and will get to it when it comes in. In the meantime I'll work on case design lol
  2. LambBrainz

None of the regular rails (1, 1.15, 1.8, 3.3, or 5), but specifically the PW one that would connect to the PMS-PD. I get continuity between that and ground. And when I connect it to a power supply it immediately latches (as if there was a button attached and it was being pushed) which it didn't...
  3. LambBrainz

Possibly dead board pic
  4. LambBrainz

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] The Stiim Deck

Some of you may have seen my post several months ago when I showed off the first look at the case. I have all the necessary parts in and figured I'd give the contest a shot. I'll post more pictures once I clean up some things, but here's a sneak peek at the case if you haven't seen it :)
  5. LambBrainz

Disconnected everything and cleaned it: still shorted to GND :(
  6. LambBrainz

Just confirmed that I'm getting continuity between PWR and GND :( Not sure how that happened as I've kept all the contacts away from each other and didn't have any bridging, but that pretty much confirms it's dead and I'll need to replace the battery management circuits
  7. LambBrainz

As requested:
  8. LambBrainz

Good catch. Removing now. And yeah I can see how that much experience would bleed over and be super helpful. Not sure what changed but before, I needed to press the button to turn on the PMS but now it's starting up as soon as I give it power. So either something is bridged (which I redid...
  9. LambBrainz

Having spent a few hours digging through forum posts (and subsequently finding a lot of your comments) I can say that you're pretty good at spotting those lol But alas, after cleaning it up, no dice. Gonna reflow some stuff and see if that magically works
  10. LambBrainz

Trimmed the cable to like 6-7" and still no video so that ain't it. More digging required!
  11. LambBrainz

Not a bad idea. I'll go through and give it a more thorough clean. I did manage to get it to run with a bench power supply, by the way! Again, it registers a signal but it's just a black screen. I'll be on to work on it in a bit
  12. LambBrainz

All voltages are reading perfect and the U10 still feels solid I did dig around the forum a little and saw a comment on someone else's worklog about the composite cable possibly being too long? Mine is like 3 feet lol would that be causing any attenuation issues?
  13. LambBrainz

Small development, the TV registers that I'm getting a signal, but the screen is black. So that gives me something to start googling at least
  14. LambBrainz

Alright @Stitches and @CrazyGadget, Round 2 lol Redid everything and am still not seeing anything (no light, no fan, or video) Here are the resistance values with nothing attached to the board as well as a similar board and values: Here are some of the freshly sanded edges. Next is the...
  15. LambBrainz

Oh really? That's a new one for me. I've got some 18650s lying around. I'll top those off and give it a shot once I clean up everything. Thanks for the idea of another thing to test!
  16. LambBrainz

All good suggestions! As for grits, I did 80, 100, 200, 400, and 1000. But I should probably go back and clean up the gouges and give it another pass to rule that out. Resistances were almost all perfect and the only times they were off, they were higher than what was listed (which from what...
  17. LambBrainz

Bench power supply. Tried several different voltages based on what I could find in the forums. Specifically 3.7 and 4.2. Yeah I tried to make sure the wires didn't bridge and didn't catch anything odd with continuity but it probably wouldn't hurt to just do a better job and rule that out lol
  18. LambBrainz

Evening, all. So I did the OMGWTF trim on a 4 layer board and tried to reference several videos to try and get it as accurate as I could. I also got an RVL-PMS-2 and attempted to wire everything together (after doing the U10 relocation because I apparently can't read) and am not getting...
  19. LambBrainz

Worklog Stiim Deck

Fusion 360
  20. LambBrainz

Worklog Stiim Deck

Hello all! Wanted to show off a neat project I'm working on as well as release some files in case anyone wanted to make their own. Long story short, I love the form factor of Valve's Steam Deck and wanted to make a portable Wii utilizing the shell. This will give me a huge screen, a great...