Search results

1. jumjumiscool

Worklog Makin' a portable Wii

Well, after connecting the data lines I've gotten varied results. I was able to get it to boot to RV loader once, but usually it either boots to the same error screen, or just goes black. I'm aware that my D- wire is not connected in the picture, the solder joint broke when I moved the board...
  2. jumjumiscool

Oh for sure, I didn’t test the board on that tin, thanks for the info on the data line though.
  3. jumjumiscool

Just got parts from 4layer in the mail, so I'm finally able to test my trim. It seems like it boots, but I'm not the expert here. I put in the USB with all the software downloaded on it, but it still gives me the same screen. Am I missing anything, or is there something else I should test before...
  4. jumjumiscool

Question What’s the best way to test a trimmed Wii?

That's awesome, are you planning to sell them relatively soon?
  5. jumjumiscool

Darn, well that's unfortunate. Either way I need to order the PMS anyways so I might as well use that.
  6. jumjumiscool

Hmm, sounds interesting. Do you have a link to where I can buy one? I can't seem to find where you're referring to. Thanks for the tip!
  7. jumjumiscool

Is there an alternative to the pth08080s or another way to make power regulators? I'm just hoping to be able to work on it soon. Also would the PMS lite be a good way to test it?
  8. jumjumiscool

I’ve already posted a picture of my Wii trim, and I’m eager to test if it works, I ordered a few pth08080 boards from ebay since they’re out of stock basically everywhere, but they won’t arrive for a while still. Is there another way to power the board to test it? I thought about ordering the...
  9. jumjumiscool

Which ground, pin 36? Also for the relocation would you just solder a wire directly to the pin, and then it's corresponding destination? sorry if these questions are kinda basic, I've never really worked with motherboards
  10. jumjumiscool

Thanks so much! Honestly that's probably because I'm better at building than I am with electronics
  11. jumjumiscool

Awesome, thanks for the help! Once a few parts arrive I guess I'll see if it boots.
  12. jumjumiscool

Thanks for the input! Is the 3.3v cap going to need to be relocated? Also, what's your preferred wire choice, I just used what I have from other projects.
  13. jumjumiscool

Just finished trimming my Wii's motherboard to start my first portable build. I'm a little worried that I might have cut it a little bit to close, but I'm not sure, let me know what you guys think. I'm either gonna make an Ashida or a G-boy, and I'm kind of torn, because I know Ashida parts are...
  14. jumjumiscool

Question RV loader wont install

Interesting, thanks for letting me know!
  15. jumjumiscool

I managed to get it to show up in the HBC somehow. I put RV loader on both the usb and SD card, and that worked. I can’t imagine why though, maybe I did something different somewhere. Works great so far, although when I boot the Homebrew channel from the wii menu it is upside down. Is that a...
  16. jumjumiscool

I'm just starting making my own Wii portable, and I'm setting up the wii with RV loader before I trim it. I've gotten all of the other software downloaded on the Wii, and I tried following the guide for RV loader, but it won't show up on the homebrew channel. I've tried unzipping it on a USB...
  17. jumjumiscool

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello, just getting started with my first wii portable. And I'm here to find out how. Mostly made this account, since I'm already running into trouble :-\