Search results

1. Paul3854

Worklog Mini Mii

I plan to, although there are a few problems, like you stated I have to constantly be safe with them, so I made the batteries detachable. Another thing is that they're big and heavy but that doesn't bother me and just depends on the case design etc etc.
  2. Paul3854

Worklog My First Portable Wii

Make a pcb holder for the pth regs
  3. Paul3854

Question Dimensions of OMGWTF Trim

Hi, welcome to Bitbuilt. You should probably read through all the forum before asking some questions. Portablizing is like 80% reading. Don't forget you can always use the search bar to search things like "dimensions" and find that the omgwtf is roughly 75mm x 105mm said by Aurelio in the noob...
  4. Paul3854

Worklog My First Portable Wii

Is it just me, I can't see the image?
  5. Paul3854

Solved Bluetooth Module Pad

Yeah the pads broke off for me a lot of times, and I just followed the trace, scratched it and soldered there instead. Be very light on the pads and make sure when you are adding wires that they don't have so much stress because that can also rip off the pads.
  6. Paul3854

Question Trimmed Wii not booting up

What's the resistance for each line on the Wii to ground?
  7. Paul3854

Worklog Wii motherboard interface PCB / WII Portable (still unnamed)

This makes me want to switch to Eagle from Kicad just for the import Eagle pcbs into Fusion 360 :o
  8. Paul3854

I tested by putting 12v into it's normal input and tested that pin, it's definitely 3.3v. Like Remo said the components probably can also take 5v
  9. Paul3854

I've been inputting 5v into that pin for almost a year and never realized it was supposed to be 3.3v :rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink::rothink:
  10. Paul3854

I know that you can power it with 5v on this pin
  11. Paul3854

Worklog Nintendo Swiitch V2.5 - BocuD's third Wii Portable

Aren't the TLV regs less efficient than the PTH regs also?
  12. Paul3854

Question Sensorbar Signal and MX Chip desoldering

For your second question the ir sensor bar is just some ir LEDs. For your project you can literally can any infrared LEDs and power them however you want. The wiimotes are the one's and that track the infrared and then sends that data though the Bluetooth module.
  13. Paul3854

Worklog Mini Mii

I connected audio from the Wii to a digital potentiometer pcb I talked about earlier, and then took that audio into the lm4863 with two speakers, one for each left and right. This is the speakers I used...
  14. Paul3854

Worklog Mini Mii

I'm bringing this post back, I'm stupid and stopped documenting my worklog here :facepalm:. I got a new Wii, black 4 layer and I successfully relocated the Bluetooth and u10. I trimmed down the Wii, got regulators with 2 8000mAh lipos, and a 5" screen and it all booted up...
  15. Paul3854

Question PS2 Battery

This is a simple battery indicator I'm using which just shows 25% 50$ 75% and 100% with leds, the indicator has a button which turns on the leds for a few seconds. Also if you do get this one, make sure you select the 2s option. https://www.ebay.com/itm/263216619408
  16. Paul3854

Worklog The littleBIG Boy

Damnn, seeing the case now it's going to be super slim. What's the height of the entire case?
  17. Paul3854

Question Question

Be careful if your heat sink is conductive to not short anything.
  18. Paul3854

Question Recommended Temp for Bluetooth wiring

Are you using 34g magnet wire? Because using thicker wire makes it harder to solder to those traces. Have you checked that the traces were exposed first using a multimeter? The wax is probably from the burnt flux. A recommended temperature people use is 350°C.