Search results

1. TheGreenPowerRanger

Worklog "First" Portable - The Nintendo Switchty Four (Name WIP)

Hello guys and gals, I'm TheGreenPowerRanger though you can refer to me as green for convenience sake. Even though I have been following the portabilizing scene for 5 years I am just now getting the confidence to make a true, full blown attempt at a portable so go easy on me pls. I have had a...
  2. TheGreenPowerRanger

Model Mini-Keyboard Mounting Solution

In the past I would frequent microcenter a lot when they sold pi zeros for a dollar each. I Ended up with a bunch because of this and don't currently have any 2 or 3s on hand. Also I don't emulate much more than snes on pis so i just go with pi zeros. Why have all that extra processing power if...
  3. TheGreenPowerRanger

Model Mini-Keyboard Mounting Solution

This mock-up made me feel feelings I didn’t know were possible. I would love to make a pi zero portable based around this design if you released some 3d printable files... of course that would involve buying a keyboard or two. Whats the going rate of your keyboards these days?
  4. TheGreenPowerRanger

Question Controller help with Nintendo Switch-like Raspberry Pi Console

I hope it works like ahrlad says but I have my doubts. I tried it with two usb controllers in the past and it didnt work like this. Granted this was usb controllers and it might’ve been added in recent updates. I just looked up how to connect two controllers as one in retropie and I couldn’t...
  5. TheGreenPowerRanger

Considering starting a n64 portable. Have a few questions and concerns.

I doubt I would have any success in getting my controller wired up to the pif but now I'm curious what the pif wiring would look like. If you have a diagram already drawn up I would love to see it. If not thats fine, hate to waste any more of your time. If I was to consider doing that trim you...
  6. TheGreenPowerRanger

I think the guy who owned it legitimately buried it. There was dirt literally pouring out when I...

I think the guy who owned it legitimately buried it. There was dirt literally pouring out when I cracked it open. The guy who sold it to me was obviously a sketchy, druggy who was flipping consoles in bulk. He described the guy he bought it from as a “weird psycho” so I’d hate to meet the guy...
  7. TheGreenPowerRanger

Thanks noah. So if im not confident enough to do a trim that advance would I trim it to the spec of the minimal trim from the main guide and just use those points for the 3v 7v and composite? I don’t understand how that trim works. How do you wire in the controllers? Its too advance for my...
  8. TheGreenPowerRanger

I just realized the n64 i had planned on using is a cpu-08-1board. The surface mounted bits dont match up with the trimming guide and the guide saus its for 1-4 boards. Am i sol with this board?
  9. TheGreenPowerRanger

Cracked open the n64 I am/was going to use for my portable... this poor baby has suffered so...

Cracked open the n64 I am/was going to use for my portable... this poor baby has suffered so much. https://imgur.com/a/NTCtM
  10. TheGreenPowerRanger

Thanks for helping out guys... I'm sure answering these questions gets tedious during your busy days but I really appreciate it. It makes me much more confident in my ability to complete this portable. Guess its time to move on to part shopping and 3d modeling. If you guys know of anything else...
  11. TheGreenPowerRanger

Thanks cheese! I have another (probably) dumb question i want to ask to make sure im correctly and fully following: so after wiring my batteries into 2s2p I use the ti regulator things. One to step up my voltage to 12v and one down to 3.3v, right? Also would i be making a dumb assumption in...
  12. TheGreenPowerRanger

Okay so that makes sense. Thought the 4 battery was preference. I will look into 2s2p before diving in deeper. Might ask a few questions before i wire them up for safety reasons though. Another question: would it be a bad idea to introduce a new, unused 18650 into the picture with my 3 old, used...
  13. TheGreenPowerRanger

Ive always wanted to own an actual portable n64 and Its been a 5+ year dream of mine to build my own. With that said I never started it because I was afraid I would kill something but I realize I’ll never achieve my goal if I dont start. I have been slowly acquiring parts for cheap and think im...
  14. TheGreenPowerRanger

Question Controller help with Nintendo Switch-like Raspberry Pi Console

Last time I tried connecting joycons to retropie it identified each joycon as a separate controller. Are you aware of a way to get them to work as one?
  15. TheGreenPowerRanger

[SOLD] For Sale: 7" Screen With Audio and Multiple Inputs

Sent $29.00 at 10am on 2/13/18. Thanks for the screen :D
  16. TheGreenPowerRanger

[SOLD] For Sale: 7" Screen With Audio and Multiple Inputs

Have you ever opened it up to see the internals? I wonder how much room all the components on the inside take. How much would it cost to get it shipped to Texas?
  17. TheGreenPowerRanger

Need help with setting up my amp to switch from speaker to headphones when plugged in.

Damn. Im out of 30 awg but I have a ton of either 32 or 33(not home to check right now). Think that will work for audio/video?
  18. TheGreenPowerRanger

Need help with setting up my amp to switch from speaker to headphones when plugged in.

This helped me out a lot. I am currently waiting on my case to arrive (should be here tomorrow!) so I haven’t got to wiring yet but I now know how to go about it thanks to you :D 1 more question before I start this: My case is somewhat small so I am afraid of using wires that are too thick...
  19. TheGreenPowerRanger

Hello people of bitbuilt. I come to you guys with what should be a simple question: How would I go about making it so that when I plug headphones into my project the audio will stop coming out the speakers? I am currently working on newer version of my raspberry pi zero portable and plan on...