Search results

1. samzelf

Question What causes this ingame error?

The Wii motherboard anatomy says it is optional, and the functions it has don't seem to be part of the games that cause the error. Therefore, are you sure? And the good news is that it hasn't occurred since separating the USB magnet wires at the ends.
  2. samzelf

Question What causes this ingame error?

Dear portablizers, I thought that I finished the portable (OMGWTF trim) that has been waiting uncompleted on the shelf for two years. But I seem to get an ingame (GC) error every time when I play for a few minutes: An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube...
  3. samzelf

Solved USB not recognized

Twisting the wires solved the problem. Thank you.
  4. samzelf

I did not do this, could this cause the problem? Left wire is ground. Others got loose after positioning it for the picture. Ground is pin 4. Also verified the joint by measuring continuity between the copper wires and their corresponding vias (next to DA9).
  5. samzelf

I used magnetic copper wire, the one from the BOM. Lengths are about the same. Thumbdrive should be fine. I will add photographs later this day.
  6. samzelf

@Moderator Feel free to move this thread to the PortablizeMii section if you think it belongs there.
  7. samzelf

I am working on a trimmed 4 layer Wii board. The USB (Fit 3.0 32GB) which I used prior to trimming doesn't seem to be recognized. PortablizeMii only offers me the option to boot to the Wii menu. I did not use the USB drive while the last time it booted into the PortablizeMii menu, therefore it...
  8. samzelf

Worklog The littleBIG Boy

That is incredible thin, while still having advanced cooling. Ganz geil! ;)
  9. samzelf

Discussion Batteries

According to the batteries guide, smart charging is: Like jefflongo said, you can put multiple batteries in parallel. Shank mentioned that you could use the Wii net adapter for the charging circuit, in case you choose the red charging bms for your portable. If you decide to only use a...
  10. samzelf

Solved No video signal after u10 relocation

That's right. I will mark this thread as solved. @Moderators, thread can be closed.
  11. samzelf

Solved No video signal after u10 relocation

Hello, I am working on an uncut Wii CPU-020 board. After I did the relocation for the second time, I still get the same problem. So, I removed U10 and later U9, all other steps exactly like the trimming guide suggests. Pads 4 and 5 are also short on both transistor spots like this thread...
  12. samzelf

Discussion Batteries

Thank you, I have sent you a PM.
  13. samzelf

Discussion Batteries

Hi, I am currently working on my first Wii portable. My first objective is the power supply. I read a lot about protection circuits and batteries in general, but I do not fully understand the charging principle. The circuit diagram I am talking about is this one, but I will use Li-ion batteries...
  14. samzelf

Question Video not working

I think it's shorted that's why I thought it would be a good idea to cut it. Anyway going to get a new multimeter and check for continuity. Will post pictures if it still doesn't work.
  15. samzelf

Question Use bootmii without GameCube controller?

I'm trying to make a nand backup. It's the family Wii and I don't want to brick it without a nand backup. After the backup I want to install priiloader and disable wii system updates so I can connect to the internet.
  16. samzelf

Question Use bootmii without GameCube controller?

Hello, I got a question regarding bootmii, if this is not the right place to post let me know. A couple of years ago I softmodded my Wii and installed Homebrew with bootmii. After doing that I didn't think twice and installed bootmii on the ios. Now comes the problem, I can't use the...
  17. samzelf

Thank you for your reply. I haven't cut the board yet, only removed connectors (power, usb, a/v, gc mem, gcc). Then I cut the connector from the yellow composite video cable and wired it to connector 3 video / 5 ground. Did the same with the power cable and wired it to the power connector. I...
  18. samzelf

I somehow bricked my 6 layer wii board, the green light is green but I get no video signal. Yesterday I noticed a thread about a 6 layer board cut.. I want to try it out but as stated in the thread the Wii won't boot without this firmware installed. So my question: How do I install this after...