Search results

1. Turd Ferguson

Question Cooling Fan Problem

Yes. I wired it to the wii, but sitting next to it.
  2. Turd Ferguson

Question Cooling Fan Problem

I bought this fan for my portable: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-35mm-x-7mm-Square-Laptop-Panasonic-Ultra-Thin-Fan-UDQFNKH11/260728712900?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648 This is my setup; - OMGWTF trimmed Wii. - Regulators for 1v, 1.15v, 3.3v. - 5v is the main supply. -...
  3. Turd Ferguson

Worklog 2nd portable

EDIT: I've been really limping along on this thing in my spare time. I finally got around to printing out some case parts, and epoxied the front of the case to a Gamecube controller. I printed out a housing for the speakers, volume buttons and powerswitch. Next comes a little filler to smooth...
  4. Turd Ferguson

Worklog 2nd portable

After completing my Wii Micro successfully, I thought I'd press my luck and hack up another 4 layer board. I wanted to do something that involved an integrated screen this time and take a shot at the full OMGWTF trim. (The Micro left the video and USB ports on the trimmed board. What could...
  5. Turd Ferguson

5" screen power conversion

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Inch-HD-800480RGB-TFT-LCD-Digital-Car-Rear-View-Monitor-2-Video-Input-Vehicl/202118335247?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 I was wrong. I ordered it from ebay.
  6. Turd Ferguson

Thanks for the help. 5v directly to that pin and it worked perfectly! I was amazed at how small the board was for this screen. I was expecting a much larger separate pcb to deal with. It only takes up about 15% of the back surface of the screen and lays pretty flat.
  7. Turd Ferguson

I was guessing pin #3 from the chip documentation. There is 5v there. Do I leave it alone and just apply 5v there, or do I need to separate that pin from the board?
  8. Turd Ferguson

I picked up a backup monitor on Amazon to use in a portable project. I have attached a shot of the control board. This thing currently runs on 12v. I'm guessing that it converts this to 5v and can be wired to run off a 5v supply. Can someone look at this and suggest where I can apply 5v? Thanks!
  9. Turd Ferguson

"Drone Controller" style portable?

I know this is pretty low-tech, but, how many portables have been attempted/completed based on the simple concept of combining a GC controller and screen, similar to most drone remote controls? I'd like to avoid completely rewiring a controller by basically keeping it intact. ( besides, I like...
  10. Turd Ferguson

Screen Pinouts and Other info.

Did the that project pictured above with the split GC controller ever get finished?
  11. Turd Ferguson

WTB GC+

Looking for a GC+ for my next project.
  12. Turd Ferguson

Monitor Voltage Conversion

I'm thinking about using a 5" monitor in my next project. I was considering this one from the BOM: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-0-inch-800x480-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Controller-Board-VGA-2AV-/152071010078?hash=item236823771e:g:zvUAAOSw~oFXIfCh Is it possible to convert one of these to run...
  13. Turd Ferguson

GC+ / PowerMii

I'm also interested in buying a GC+. What do those cost?
  14. Turd Ferguson

Worklog Jeff's Wii Micro

Mind if I ask where you found that? I like that arrangement.
  15. Turd Ferguson

Worklog Jeff's Wii Micro

I snagged a cooling fan from an old laptop for my build. Obviously, I can't keep doing that for the future! Is your cooling system and off-the-shelf product? Voltage requirement?
  16. Turd Ferguson

Worklog First Micro attempt

no. I ran games with PM on this usb before relocating U10, again after relocating Bluetooth. All was OK. After the trim I have a functioning Wiimote, the board boots 100% of the time into PM. My games show up in PM. Gamecube games run fine. Only the Emunand and Wii games cause a crash to a black...
  17. Turd Ferguson

Wii Micro

Are those really small buttons next to the usb port for sync and reset? Where did you get those? Edit: on your latest generation, the buttons I'm asking about are next to the power rocker switch.
  18. Turd Ferguson

Minor update: I decided to go with a 3d printed case, so I've been working on that in fusion. I'm trimming down the stock heat sink to match the height of my case. I dug a small 5v fan out of an old laptop to cool this. I picked up some ir leds and hooked them up to the board. They work great...
  19. Turd Ferguson

Thanks for the fast responses! This group is amazing! The Bluetooth module has a healthy amount of hot glue under it, and was tested before the trim. No shorts there. I'll send a 5v line directly to the usb port. The usb stick was in that port in pre-trim testing. No boot problems at all. I'll...
  20. Turd Ferguson

Some progress! I did the trim. I assembled my regulators. They are all putting out the correct voltages. I wired it up and got no video. I beefed up the gauge of the supply wires. No video. (All of this was with an HDMI video converter). I switched to straight component cabling and got video...