Search results

1. NLG

Current Charge and Play Circuits?

What's the community's current consensus on building charge and play circuits? I found this thread that builds the one from the "Portables and Batteries" guide, and it seems to work, but what has anyone done nowadays for one port charge and play other than using the RVL-PMS boards? I'm trying...
  2. NLG

Question 4s 1-Port Plug and Play / Charge Management Boards?

Looking to build a PS3 laptop and I want to use twelve 18650 cells to get 12v out at at least 8a. Anyone know of any good charge management boards other than the one on the wiki? Basically I want one port charge and play but for a 4s battery. By CMB I mean being able to plug in a power supply...
  3. NLG

Question How do Boards Typically Handle Voltage Variation?

I plan on building a PS3 laptop using a superslim model motherboard, and would like to make it run off batteries. I plan on using some of those 3s LiPo's they use with drones and other RC projects, specifically two 3300mah packs in parallel to hopefully get a bit under an hour of battery life...
  4. NLG

Question Video Signal Issues

I get wavy, faint, diagonal lines that run across the screen when the wii is on. When it turn the wii off but keep the display on there’s no lines. I tried using a shielded composite cable but i still get these stupid lines. Has anyone else dealt with these? Thanks
  5. NLG

Question Wii Max temp?

How hot does a 6layer board Wii get? I want to bend the fins of the heat sink to flatten it and then use two small 25mm fans at half speed to cool it. Is this enough? I’m interested in seeing what temps you guys get in your cooling setups aswell.
  6. NLG

Worklog An Unconventional Wii Worklog

So I'm trying my hand a portable wii. Heres the goal list: Thinner than the original wii Tablet form factor (with a stand) No disk drive (USB Games) Sensor Bar compatibility w/ original wiimote All 4 gamecube ports and 1 Gamecube card slot Headphone Jack Large, loud stereo speakers Big screen...
  7. NLG

Question An inquiry about batteries

I am completely lost on how to make my portable wii run off of batteries. Ive got a total of 12 li-ion cells from laptops that I can configure to have 12 volts, but how on Earth can I charge them? Whats the easiest way that won't turn my wii into a bomb? Thanks
  8. NLG

Question Wii Gamecube Card Ports

Is it possible to dremel off one of the two ports for the GameCube cards on the board and keep only one? Want to make the wii board pretty flat while keeping many of the ports Thanks