Search results

1. Sully_:0)

Ashida Wii Portable

yea they are the right size. Idk how you got your case but my screw posts kinda sucked. I ordered 2x5 and 2x8 screws because some of the posts weren’t getting a good grip. mine were too big not too small tho
  2. Sully_:0)

Ashida Wii Portable

I had this problem too, you can try bending the legs so they make contact or yes just wire them up
  3. Sully_:0)

Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

It looks like I fixed the issue. I suspected something was shorting somewhere so I opened it up and placed kapton tape on top of the wii. Seems to have done the job. Either that or I just moved the wire that was shorting something when I opened the case, and it will eventually short again...
  4. Sully_:0)

I haven’t opened it up yet :/ but it was pretty charged up when this happened. I had it on and I was testing a new game I downloaded. I turned it off to re configure the controller and that’s when it stopped working
  5. Sully_:0)

Hey so when I turn on my portable it flashes the blue vga screen for a moment and then goes to a black screen (the black screen more so looks like the screen just turns off). It did this before but I just left it alone for a few hours and it started working. Although now it’s doing it again. Any...
  6. Sully_:0)

I’m not exactly sure what each thing does but in super Mario galaxy on the surf planet it’s wanting me to hold out the wii remote and twist it to the left and right. I can’t get passed it :/
  7. Sully_:0)

Hey so I got the controller configured , but I can’t get the tilt control to work. Is there a way to get it working or is it just not possible
  8. Sully_:0)

Hey again! So I just noticed that one of my triggers is always registering I think. It’s weird tho bc when I look button tester they seem to be working fine. But when I load into melee my shield is always pressed . I took it apart and I think everything looks fine? What should I check ? edit***...
  9. Sully_:0)

Is it supposed to be able to charge while I am playing? If so is there a setting? mine is not Also - should i turn up the chraging current and/or the charge voltage? **edit** I turned the amps up to 2.5 and kept voltage the same Also Also just wanted to thank everyone again, I am so glad...
  10. Sully_:0)

Yooooooooooooo it’s working guys I think I’m completely done!!! One last thing tho- there is this brightness comming from the bottom two corners. It’s hard to tell unless it’s in a darker area of a game but still would like to fix it if possible **edit** also what temperature should the wii be?
  11. Sully_:0)

Hey thanks for the response but I am not including bluetooth. I am using this button for menu controls, and it does not seem to be working. From what I can gather normally buttons when pressed short to ground? I am testing mine and that is not happening.
  12. Sully_:0)

Okay so it’s this button that’s the problem (bluetooth button). This is the button pad right? ( i figured out which pin is for menu ) **edit** I just cleaned up that residue and re did the solder. This button still isn't working :(
  13. Sully_:0)

I tested them all again and still nothing, I messaged Gunnar again maybe he will know something.
  14. Sully_:0)

Hey so I am having troubles figuring out screen control. I asked gunnar he told me he thinks its k2 and k3 to control the menu but I tried k1-k5 and none of them open up the menu. Stitches I know you said you werent sure but what do you think? Or maybe does anyone else know which pin that would...
  15. Sully_:0)

Okay so I was able to pry up the pcb just enough to solder magnet wire to the speakers! Everything is looking and sounding great, last thing I have to do is figure out screen control pins. Which I can figure out myself tonight Question - is it possible to get vba gx or another gameboy emulator...
  16. Sully_:0)

I am in a bit of a bind. The last thing not working for me are the speakers, and I found out its because they're not making good contact to the board. I would like to take off my pcb and solder them directly to the board but i stripped tf out of my screw and I can't get it out.... Any ideas? lmao
  17. Sully_:0)

Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

No problem homie or homet, here is a picture of 1.8 lines that stitches gave me. You would desolder at the same temp you solder or maybe a little bit more depending on your method. Check this vid on desoldering -
  18. Sully_:0)

Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

i used a solder sucker and it worked great. I don’t think a blob method would work on a lot of the parts unless you have that de soldering solder that stays hot really long. But a solder sucker or solder wick will help with the controller parts srry idk ab the time needed to sand - im sure...
  19. Sully_:0)

I have them soldered like this diagram for the pcb set. Although now that I am looking I see the PMS shows a different diagram. So I don't need those wires connected to the rvl-amp at all?
  20. Sully_:0)

omfg thank you, believe it or not I am trying to not ask a bunch of stupid questions xD. So it says to navigate to the power tab, which I do not have...any idea?