Search results

1. Worklog My first trimmed wii thing :D

Even though they are more costly, the pth08080 regulators are pretty much the go to, because they have been used a lot here so people can help you. Here is a link to the cheapest one I found that have free shipping: https://www.arrow.com/en/products/pth08080wad/texas-instruments
  2. Worklog MiniGCWii

Hi, I'm nitroboy on discord so I decided to make a worklog : This minigcwii will entirely be in that case Which I think is pretty small, see the wii2hdmi as a reference. Features: - Bluetooth [✓] - Hdmi output [✓] - Composite output in a headphone jack [ ] - Mx chip, without battery [ ] - IR...
  3. Worklog World's Smallest Gamecube

Can I ask why you use epoxy instead of hot glue? Is it considered more durable? And what kind of epoxy
  4. Question OMGWTF trim, how is it even possible

Thanks for your answers, I have another question: some of the little components, I hear they make sure the wii doesn't get damaged in case of static shocks by example on the controller ports. In the trimming guide it mentions to solder after one of these component to protect the usb data lines...
  5. Question OMGWTF trim, how is it even possible

Title, out of curiosity, I find it incredible I mean if the wii doesn't need all these components, why does nintendo put them in the first place? I know the regulators can be removed because we replace them, but what about every little component we dont relocate? I don't get how this is possible.
  6. Question Phone charger, OMGWTF trim, custom regs

Thanks for clearing out the differences in quality. And yes I absolutely need hdmi for my output! I guess shockslayer stopped selling his premade GCvideo? Then I'll go with either one converter Edit: Yes my tv htv has composite but I feel like at least the wii2hdmi is worth it, if not the vga...
  7. Question Phone charger, OMGWTF trim, custom regs

Yes I actually need hdmi because this is not a really a portable for now, at least, in this case should I still use the vga patches to get a vga to hdmi converter instead of a component to hdmi? Or should I still go with GCvideo even if I really don't get how it's done for now?
  8. Question Phone charger, OMGWTF trim, custom regs

Thank you both for answering my questions before I start! Since the GCvideo is obsolete, you suggest I patche the wii to get VGA out and then convert that to hdmi? Why not just convert component to hdmi? Am I wrong?
  9. Question Phone charger, OMGWTF trim, custom regs

Thanks bocuD for question 1, I got everything I need to figure this out now! As for 2 and 3 I was unclear. Cheese I didn't quite understand what you meant, I think you were thinking as if I had a battery inside? as a clarification, I won't be using any battery, I want to use a phone charger...
  10. Question Phone charger, OMGWTF trim, custom regs

Hi I'm looking to start a new project, it's going to be another non-portable wii but this time I will try to do a OMGWTF trim so it can fit in a brook gamecube adapter, which is pretty small: https://goo.gl/images/PHqP3c . Question number 1: Just how small can we trim the OMGWTF before running...
  11. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Thanks! Also I am not really worried about that since on the dc side, both soldered ends of wires are pretty much soaked in hot glue. Maybe your concern was more about the yellow wire nuts, in that case I'm still confident that this is not going to move anytime soon because I filled the wire...
  12. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Hello guys I forgot to post those pics I had tacken of the "final product" ( it could use a bit more finition). As you see can there is an integrated power supply, a wii2hdmi and two IR led behind the glass so I don't always need the sensor bar. Everything on that wii is still fully functional...
  13. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Alright I'm finally done rewiring everything, I used a Wii2hdmi because I wanted a hdmi port and I also added 2 ir leds powered from the memory card slot, now it's time to make the case!
  14. Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Model: RVL-001 (USA) Color: White Revision: C/RVL-CPU-040 Serial number: LU72631036 [0]
  15. Question Wooden case psu heating question

When I thought it was over, it is back on guys!! I read on a post on jefflongo's portable he said that he was having problems because of a reset wire not connected to anything so it made me remember I had one too on the eject button (wich I didn't think was relevant to say) so i just went ahead...
  16. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Here I attached a picture, I believe one pin to be the sensor bar and the other to be ground, there was solidified flux between those two.
  17. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Thanks for that I didn't knew flux could be conductive, so I cleaned these ports the best I could but it still doesn't work. Also, before cleaning I noticed that the 12v sensor pin was most likely shorted by flux with the ground pin on its left, could that have caused permanent damage? Also...
  18. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Yes I didn't want to post a hundred pictures so here are the parts I worked on and if you need a close up picture of anything else feel free to ask thank you!
  19. Question Wooden case psu heating question

I think I may have fried my wii, I desoldered the gc memory card port and a few pins on the video out and now the red LED won't even turn on when plugged. I have no idea what caused this, if something similar happened to anynone maybe you can help?
  20. Question Wooden case psu heating question

Alright i managed to swap my wii for a rev 40 one so now i'm good i'll just use the normal fan as you said. I will update this when some progress is made, thank you guys!