Search results

1. Lemoncake

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

Hello ladies and gentlemodders! We’re back with another episode of “Why You Should Always Install RVLoader On You Wii Before You Try and Mod Anything On It! TM” So, I was hooking up my Wii to this new screen I’d been messing around with to test if it did in fact support component signal (thanks...
  2. Lemoncake

Question Mystery Screen/Driver Board (help)

What’s up everyone? So I am currently in possession of an old car backup camera that I was planning on using as a screen for a portable project, but I can’t find ANY documentation about it online whatsoever. Here are a couple photos: Here’s what I know: It’s a 7-in screen It has 2 inputs (AV...
  3. Lemoncake

Question Advice for testing Video-Out on Wii trim

Hello, everyone! Due to a complicated situation involving enabling VGA on my Wii and then breaking my VGA to HDMI board and having already desoldered the Wii’s normal video port and being in no position to put a new one back in, I find myself unable to currently test video out on my trimmed Wii...
  4. Lemoncake

Question I accidentally removed a capacitor

Hello everyone! While removing the video out port on my Wii motherboard, I accidentally desoldered this capacitor. I believe it was connected to the component line, but that’s all I know. Is this part necessary to replace or can I make due without it? EDIT: I also realized that I removed this...
  5. Lemoncake

Question Obscure back up camera screen to use for portable

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. My shop teacher at school gave me an old back up camera screen to mess around with, and of course the first thing I thought of was to use it for a Wii portable! However, not only do I know nothing about the screen whatsoever as there’s no branding or...
  6. Lemoncake

Question Running a Wii Micro off 5v???

Hey everyone! Throughout the BitBuilt forums, I've heard rumors here and there about building a Noldendo Wii Micro that is able to run off of 5v, despite both the pre-amp and the sensor bar requiring 12v to properly function. I understand how to bypass the need for the sensor bar's 5v...
  7. Lemoncake

Solved Pre-trim u10 relocation question

So, I’m currently prepping for a Noldendo trim on my motherboard, and while doing the u10 relocation ahead of time, I accidentally removed a capacitor and a resistor right above the original u10’s location. I’m fairly certain I know how to relocate those same components from an older board I...
  8. Lemoncake

Worklog Nintendo Wii Classic Edition

Hey everyone! This is the worklog for my next project, the Nintendo Wii Classic Edition. The idea behind this project is basically a modified version of Nold's Wii Micro, but stuffed inside a perfect replica (scale TBD) 3D printed Wii case. It will include several extra features as well that...
  9. Lemoncake

Question Making a Wii portable WITHOUT RVLoader

What’s up guys? So, due to my current Wii-owning situation, I am in possession of a Wii that is the perfect candidate for my next portable. However, this is because the Wii is completely functional but will not turn on (if you want to know what happened, here’s the link to the forum where I...
  10. Lemoncake

Question Restoring GameCube compatibility to a Wii Family edition

Hey everyone! I’ve heard that it is possible to take GameCube compatible Wii parts (controller ports and memory card slots) and solder them onto a Wii Family Edition to give it backwards compatibility (which it didn’t already have). Does anyone know where I could find a guide to do that?
  11. Lemoncake

Question Paper Mario TTYD for <$$$?

Hey! Does anyone know a good place to get a copy of TTYD? It's ridiculously expensive on eBay, usually going for around $100 at least. If anyone spots one or knows of a place to get it for $60 or less please let me know!
  12. Lemoncake

Question Is there anything different I have to do to my trimmed Wii when using the 4 Layer Tech Boards?

Do you still have to perform all relocations if you are using the RVL-PMS, PMS PD2, etc?
  13. Lemoncake

Worklog The s-WII-ch (my first Wii portable)

Hey everyone. I have just started on my first portable. I trimmed the Wii last night and tried to relocate the u10, but I may have messed up the board. Is it still usable?