Search results

1. Lemoncake

Release WiFiflex: Wii WiFi relocation flex pcb

Well, looks like it’s finally time. A composite video, wireless controller and sensor bar dependent, (disc-drive required question mark pls don’t hurt me Shank) portable, anyone? Make sure to use an OM6 trim and throw in a GameCube memory card port just for the heck of it.
  2. Lemoncake

Release WiFiflex: Wii WiFi relocation flex pcb

Wait, so does this technically mean that it’s possible to create a working Wii trim that DOESN’T need RVLoader? Technically, all the requirements are met (Bluetooth, WiFi, U10, custom regs) unless there’s something else I’m missing…
  3. Lemoncake

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

I can’t just solder the test pads on the module to the points here? (since it’s a 6-layer board)
  4. Lemoncake

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

Hello ladies and gentlemodders! We’re back with another episode of “Why You Should Always Install RVLoader On You Wii Before You Try and Mod Anything On It! TM” So, I was hooking up my Wii to this new screen I’d been messing around with to test if it did in fact support component signal (thanks...
  5. Lemoncake

Question Mystery Screen/Driver Board (help)

That worked like a charm! After wiring up BACK to the 12v line and hooking it up to the multimeter, I get instant boot! However, there’s still one problem. Like you said, it always turns on with AV 2, which unfortunately happens to be the back up camera input. I can still get a component signal...
  6. Lemoncake

Hey! Sorry to bother you again, but I just realized I had one more question. Is there any chance you know of a way to bypass the need for a power button so that it can turn on at the same time as the Wii? It’s circuitry is weird as it requires you to just tap the power button from the dedicated...
  7. Lemoncake

Thanks so much. That fact that it natively supports composite is a relief (may not be ideal for you veteran portablizers, but as someone who only has a 33.333333333333…% success rate at trimming Wii’s, I don’t mind at all as long as I can see that glorious title screen of my Paper Mario...
  8. Lemoncake

What’s up everyone? So I am currently in possession of an old car backup camera that I was planning on using as a screen for a portable project, but I can’t find ANY documentation about it online whatsoever. Here are a couple photos: Here’s what I know: It’s a 7-in screen It has 2 inputs (AV...
  9. Lemoncake

Question Advice for testing Video-Out on Wii trim

Thanks for the reply! And just wiring it up like that will bypass the VGA patch? This might sound super jank, but could I just run two wires (one composite and one GND) directly to a male to male Y video connector cable and connect that to a monitor?
  10. Lemoncake

Question Advice for testing Video-Out on Wii trim

Hello, everyone! Due to a complicated situation involving enabling VGA on my Wii and then breaking my VGA to HDMI board and having already desoldered the Wii’s normal video port and being in no position to put a new one back in, I find myself unable to currently test video out on my trimmed Wii...
  11. Lemoncake

Question I accidentally removed a capacitor

Thanks so much! I was just looking at your Wii Super Thread, and I got scared because turns out that that was the only 500nF capacitor on the entire board was there so there wasn’t anything I could replace it with. By the way, thanks so much for all the work you do, Shank. Your YouTube channel...
  12. Lemoncake

Question I accidentally removed a capacitor

Hello everyone! While removing the video out port on my Wii motherboard, I accidentally desoldered this capacitor. I believe it was connected to the component line, but that’s all I know. Is this part necessary to replace or can I make due without it? EDIT: I also realized that I removed this...
  13. Lemoncake

Question Obscure back up camera screen to use for portable

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. My shop teacher at school gave me an old back up camera screen to mess around with, and of course the first thing I thought of was to use it for a Wii portable! However, not only do I know nothing about the screen whatsoever as there’s no branding or...
  14. Lemoncake

Worklog Nintendo Wii Classic Edition

Okay, so my USB C board has arrived (15v per CrazyGadget's recommendation). Everything is going fine, but I have a question concerning the audio amp. I know I'm not supposed to throw 15v into the pre-amp itself, but I'm not at all getting satisfactory results out of running the pre-amp of a...
  15. Lemoncake

Alright, this might be a stupid question and is probably way more complicated than I’m assuming it is, but would it be possible to convert the PMS PD 2 into a PD board for this project (maybe keeping the USB MUX switching as well?). I know the PMS PD has a 3.3v output, but everything else is a...
  16. Lemoncake

15v 3a into the PSU Plus won’t cook it?
  17. Lemoncake

My analog2HDMI has arrived! This thing has a ton of video configuration options: Analog, SPDIF, VGA and YPbPr (I don’t even know what all of those mean :facepalm:). Are there any recommendations as to which I should use? EDIT: I just learned that SPDIF is an audio signal. I should’ve done my...
  18. Lemoncake

Yeah, I just confirmed with my setup that 5v 2a is not enough. If I were to plug a 12v USB C board into a PD cable/brick that gives more power than that, will it burn out my board or will the USB C board only take what it needs?
  19. Lemoncake

The pre amp works off 5v? I thought it needed 12v
  20. Lemoncake

Question Running a Wii Micro off 5v???

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any idea how much quieter it is (something like a percentage of volume when comparing it to a stock Wii)?