Search results

1. VOS MOD

Question PAL to NTSC Motherboard Help...Please?

Yeah maybe I'll order the cap and see if it makes a difference. It seems to be like an overheating thing or something based on a time factor, because when I went to turn it on the next morning the cube booted up just fine, played for awhile and then it froze again. Let it cool off, then it came...
  2. VOS MOD

Thanks for the info y'all, I'll have to check the battery/shorts and connections as you guys said. @Trimesh: It's actually a plasma flatscreen that accepts RGB. I know, strange right? I didn't even know it took RGB the first 5 months of me having it lol. Got some worse news though. I was...
  3. VOS MOD

Great News -- It's working! I removed the stock xtal from the PAL cube and added the module i bought from mouser, wired to the correct pins based on the info Trimesh provided. I skipped the 22nF cap because frankly I forgot to order it and figured it wouldn't be a huge deal wiring it without it...
  4. VOS MOD

That makes sense. I think I should be good to go then!! I've already ordered that module you linked me to so when it arrives I'll update the thread on my progress. Thanks again for your prompt replies, you gave me all the info I needed!
  5. VOS MOD

So I checked and the X3 module is missing (pads are present) so it think I’m good then? That also makes me want to ask, I’m assuming I remove the existing x1 from the pal cube altogether? And out of curiosity, it looks like one side of that xtal goes to pin 5 and the other to pin 6. Do we...
  6. VOS MOD

Perfect! Thanks so much again, this should be all I need! One last quick question if you have an answer, before I looked into the crystal stuff I just tried booting the cube with just having the two MX chips transplanted (no oscillator transplant) and it didn't do anything other than the LED...
  7. VOS MOD

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed. This might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming pin 5 on the MX chip would be the 5th pin from the left on the bottom row when looking at the chip with the dimple on the bottom left corner, is that correct? And do you know which pin is VDD...
  8. VOS MOD

Hey thanks so much for the response! So after looking into the documentation you linked to it appears that the chip near x1 is indeed the clock chip as you inferred, the adjacent crystal is referred to as the clock crystal fitting enough. Found this where someone mentions that you need to...
  9. VOS MOD

Hi all, Haven't really been active on here in awhile but recently I've been working on a GameCube related project and ran into an issue, so I thought who would be better to help than the lovely BitBuilt community? Background: My project is to transplant the BIOS chips (the two MX chips) from a...
  10. VOS MOD

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

SuperPads are the best. Now my go to controller for making portables.
  11. VOS MOD

Yeah the one I used exactly is the one on the right of the first pic. I basically cut off the sections of the board that went to the button contacts and then traced them back and wired up to the traces themselves. Pretty simple.
  12. VOS MOD

So I was able to cut the board and get it this small: Though I used a regular SuperPad 64 instead of the SuperPad 64 plus. Electrically, they're the same thing though.
  13. VOS MOD

I used a superpad 64 controller in my portable. It uses pots and has a built in ADC so you can simply splice together any old analog stick, from a ps2 controller for instance, and it will work great. Sensitivity and deadzones are on point. I highly recommend it if you can't find another option...
  14. VOS MOD

VOS MOD's Second Portable Nintendo 64 - The "N64C"

Lol, due to the complexity and contours of the design, It wouldn't print with any desirable quality on the more low end printers thus having to use the uPrint. And thanks a lot!
  15. VOS MOD

Thank you very much! Although, I prefer the term "novel" lol :D
  16. VOS MOD

That's what feet are for :XD:
  17. VOS MOD

Thanks a lot man, much appreciated! Here's a pic of the inside with all the wiring finished before closing up the case. More can be seen on my worklog: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/vos-mods-second-n64-portable-the-n64c.1817/
  18. VOS MOD

It's finally done. link to the worklog: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/vos-mods-second-n64-portable-the-n64c.1817/ SPECS: - Full N64 controls (Modern Analog Stick) - Integrated speaker w/ audio amp and volume control - Integrated expansion pack (via board bend method) - 2500...