Search results

1. MRKane

Worklog N64 Micro

I've been trying to think of something to add here as I've screwed around with the N64 a lot. There are a couple of troubleshooting steps I could suggest that might help :) To see if the system has booted have a look at chatter on the PIF chip, Pin 2 or 5 (I can't remember sorry, and my notes...
  2. MRKane

Question Modders, What Got You Into Modding?

I came here from Modretro and Assembler too. Such a shame to lose all that knowledge when the sites closed down!
  3. MRKane

Worklog PIS2, a long overdue ps2 portable

Start a new forum post for help. I'm not going to keep helping you if you're just posting on someone elses completed project ;) With the components still on the PS2 board and the router the magnetic decoupling will still correct the signal, allowing you to get an idea of what the wiring should be.
  4. MRKane

Hey dude, Step one would be starting yourself a thread for this as it'll be a lot better than sitting on top of a finished projects thread :) Step two: read heaps, then test heaps, cry in the shower, read and test some more! So it looks like the router you've got is different from the one I...
  5. MRKane

The magnetics can be bypassed by putting pullup resistors on the Mango/Router to RX0 instead of 3.3v - this was something I did accidentally at the beginning and spent ages trying to figure out why it wouldn't work later on.
  6. MRKane

Worklog: Wii U Gamepad Original Screen Custom LCD Driver Board

And here I am having given away two Wii U gamepads just recently when I could have stuffed another PS2 inside one! That one I made (and then sold) really was one of my favorite builds, it's just such a comfy case!
  7. MRKane

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] SEGA DreamXtreme!

Is it possible to salvage something in time for the competition close? I ended up busting an entry of mine in the final hours also and figured what the hell - I'm going to enter this broken mess. It didn't win anything, but it was something.
  8. MRKane

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Project: Wii Go Green!

Another Blender user! I use both Blender and Fusion 360 - they've both got their place but I also tend towards Fusion for stuff like this. Are you using bool operations for controlling features? I feel like I'm the only person in the world to actually do that.
  9. MRKane

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Playskool64 (name pending)

After my own heart! This is the sort of thing I love too!!
  10. MRKane

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] The Smol Boii

Love it! You're my new favorite!
  11. MRKane

[SOLD] PS2 Portable "the Junkstation" $400USD

So I've decided to sell "the Junkstation 2" which was part of the BitBuilt 2022 competition as I made myself another one as I've concluded that I prefer it over the original. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/2022-contest-entry-the-junkstation-2.4997/#post-55909 Little walkthrough...
  12. MRKane

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The Junkstation 2

Wow. It's been a long time since I last made a post on this project. There's been a lot of water under the bridge but it's done. It's finally bloody done. Skip to the end if you want those photos, but there's a long story here that's been challenging enough for me to happily say that this is the...
  13. MRKane

Worklog Nintendo 64 Multi-Region Mod

The PCB design I went with was based off of the multi-normal design using a multiplexer as I've had success with it in the past. I've actually meant to do an update for this project because there's been complications in life. Simply put I've had to drop the project as my multiple sclerosis has...
  14. MRKane

Back on the warpath with the project(s) and my latest bugbears have been the interference "musgrave" lines that I've been seeing on the screen. I spent a lot of time trying to track these and eventually concluded that it was electrical noise coming in from the 5v line. I found this a bit...
  15. MRKane

Did you think there wouldn't be more updates to this thread now that the competition was over? FOOLS! THERE WILL ALWAYS BE IMPROVEMENTS TO BE MADE! ahem So one of the core issues I had with this build was that the MX4SIO was intermittent, and it really felt like it depended how you held your...
  16. MRKane

Eyoyo Screen auto ON and OFF using Electron Shepherd HDMI - Help!

When you do get this going I'm interested to see if the resulting HDMI image is letterboxed like in the other analog to HDMI converters :D
  17. MRKane

Connecting Mango Router ethernet to PS2 through capacitive coupling

I've an update for this thread! So I really couldn't get this to work in my competition entry and I've spent the better part of a month trying to figure out why it wouldn't go. Recently I sat down and did a two-week deep dive as to why I just couldn't seem to get the two to talk to each other...
  18. MRKane

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The AtarWii Liinx v2

The first portable I made was in an actual lunchbox, only after I got that going did I upgrade to frankencasing a shell, and the Lynx does look awfully like a small food container. Just saying.
  19. MRKane

This post was supposed to have some photos, notes, bits and pieces associated with polishing the portable off, but I'm kind of out of time right now so they may have to be added later. I spent the entire day getting the competition video cobbled together, I'm 100% sure I've probably missed...