Search results

1. Space Puppy

Building Batteries with 1 Port Play and Charge

Oh I was talking about the output voltage of the red board so that it does not send current between each unit, should have stated that more clearly. The input would be better suited with some zener diodes and maybe some resistors, assuming the extreme case of course. Two in parallel shouldn't...
  2. Space Puppy

Could you elaborate on this? Are you saying the voltage drop across the diode will cause too much of a drop in voltage for the load regulators (ex. 3.3V regulator for the N64)? Edit: I don't see how this would cause an issue so long as the diode drop is taken into account. The red boards should...
  3. Space Puppy

Makes sense, I mentioned that you would need input and output protection for each board. Some diodes in series could be used to make sure nothing gets shot back into each output before connecting in parallel. I would think this would work.....might even do this for two red boards in parallel to...
  4. Space Puppy

Well your a smart pup. Keep it up and soon enough you'll be in space too ;) The screen looks cool, never seen a non-widescreen 7". I was planning on using a 7" widescreen LCD for my portable N64. I know it is frowned upon but it looks fine and the screen can switch between 4:3 and 16:9. Plus I...
  5. Space Puppy

Lol I do not plan on actually connecting 10 in parallel. I have thought about this from multiple angles, otherwise I would not be asking for others opinions :). I am purely interested in the thought process behind this discussion as I am an electrical engineer. Im guessing you have your degree...
  6. Space Puppy

I had edited my previous post, I did not initially see your first comment that you did not try them in parallel. Apologies for the misreading and any miscommunication. I hope I am not upsetting you with my questions. I was talking purely on a theoretical basis about stacking more in parallel. I...
  7. Space Puppy

I have ordered a few red boards and will run some tests to see if they can be run in parallel. Not sure if anyone is still curious about the circuit that I was planning on making but I could post that if people would like. I cannot see how the red boards CC and CV would get confused as it is...
  8. Space Puppy

More current with a faster charge time. I would use a 2s2p configuration and one red board as Miceeno did but a charge time of ~6 hrs is not ideal. Since the red board can only deliver 1A of charge at a time, connecting multiple boards in parallel would yield the ability to charge in ~3hrs, but...
  9. Space Puppy

Miceeno, have you had a chance to test two Red Boards in parallel? I would imagine this would work just like two battery cells in parallel. I saw you mention this in your thread about your portable N64 and didn't even think to do that. This is a much better and cheaper option. Great portable by...
  10. Space Puppy

Of course, you dont want to exceed 1C of the individual battery cells. I plan to use a 2s2p config with 3.7V 3600mAh cells, 2A is just under 1C of 3.6A (in reality it will likely be more like 2.9A), so the TP5100 should work to charge the whole battery in about 3-4 hours. Much better than 1A...
  11. Space Puppy

I would use the Red Board, but the charging current of 1A is annoying if my batteries are 6.8A. Its going to take a long time to charge. The TP5100 is a better option if I want to use a 2s2p configuration with my cells. I would prefer not to build the whole smart charger from scratch if that is...
  12. Space Puppy

Later today I will try to post a schematic of what I plan to implement. However, I will need a smart charging circuit. Not sure if anyone is familiar with stand alone smart charging circuits, but I know it is needed in addition to the other parts. Im going to assume the battery in the diagram...
  13. Space Puppy

This is a PFET used for power switching in portable applications. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Micro-Commercial-Components-MCC/SI2305-TP/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1%2fWi90KS4xNEreAqpw%252bazpwlG3n20a%2fhTm1HA%3d%3d I would imagine the schottky diode just needs a low forward voltage, I would...
  14. Space Puppy

I was planning on using a 2S2P configuration with some 3.7V 3400mAh (7.4V 6800mAh) and using that protection board I linked since it has a high enough current rating. Was curious if I could get a charge and play with this configuration with that diagram I made. I understand the switching speed...
  15. Space Puppy

I believe I understand now, thank you for clarifying. I was under the impression that the circuitry inside the protection module will provide the CC and switch to the CV at the correct time. I would think this depends on the protection module? For example does this protection module work the way...
  16. Space Puppy

Yes you are right. The diagram I drew assumes the protection module has a circuit which stops charging the batteries once they reach 4.2V. I assume this is what you are talking about.
  17. Space Puppy

Can't you do the same thing with a circuit like this? Just a switching DC Jack and a Diode. The forward voltage of the diode must be taken into account, but should be a simple solution. Apologies for the badly drawn schematic.
  18. Space Puppy

Wagging Tail

Wagging Tail