Search results

1. Smart phone screen question

Hi, I have been doing some research into the LCD's used in smart phones and am wondering if anyone has a better understanding of the technology then I do. Basically my question stands: I have a working android phone: https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p9-7972.php The screen is damaged and the...
  2. Question Wii not booting.

Hi guys, i am submitting my wii portable for a school project in 2 days and my wii has stopped working. I had my wii omgwtf trim working but had to make it smaller again and sanded it and it is no longer working, if I want to test whether there are shorts between voltage lines what are typical...
  3. Altium files to oshpark format

Hi guys, I have files designed on altium in the following formats, .cam .PrjPcb .Schdoc, .Pcbdoc Have been unsuccessful in trying to get them into a format which oshpark accepts (kiKad, EagleCAD or zipped gerber) , wondering if anyone could help. Thanks :)
  4. Question Wii freezing

Hi i am having issues with my trimmed wii. Freezes and glitches at times on the portabilize mii splash screen. Freezes once portabilize mii has started, during the blue background stage. Fails to start sometimes, usually the first time powering it on after a while it wont start, then by the...
  5. Question Wii trim testing help

Hi guys, Was instructed to move my queries here as opposed to a worklog. Have followed the trim guide and can't seem to get the wii to boot. ive attached a bunch of photos which should help clarify my setup. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated
  6. Question wii mote not syncing

Hey guys, Im testing my bluetooth on an untrimmed wii mobo with pins 2 & 17 shorted on the MX chip. I have pin 12 of the BT connected to a tac switch which then connects to 3.3v terminal but cant get a new mote to sync when pressing the button on the tac and the red button on the mote. Any...
  7. Question Recommended Temp for Bluetooth wiring

Hey guys, Trying to wire up the bluetooth data lines but can't get any solder to stick to the scraped lines. When i try to apply solder a wax like substance surfaces at the joint. Im using a flux pen. Wondering if maybe i have the temp to high or low on my soldering iron? Thanks
  8. Question Black scratchy screen

Hey guys just did a u10 (used the u9 as I broke the u10 chip) relocation and trying to test the Wii but get a black scratvsc screen? Any ideas? Thanks
  9. Question how many usb ports

Hey guys, wondering if there is a need to wire up two usb ports (1 will be occupied by the Samsung usb fit drive.) Thanks
  10. Question Cap on output of PTH reg

Hey guys, I saw someone advise putting two capacitors on each regulator. Is this a 100uF capacitor for both the input and output? Thanks
  11. Question USB questions

Hey guys, Amazon has recently stopped shipping to Australia so I'm not sure how to get the USB from the BOM. Are there any others that work just as well ? Or does anyone have an extra one I could purchase ? Thanks
  12. Question Trimming on a bandsaw & PM usb question

Hey guys, Two quick questions. 1) Is it safe to trim a wii mobo on a bandsaw? It will allow me to do it far more accurately then if i was using a demel. 2) Does the usb stick used to install PM before trimming need to be the same usb that is used to load games after trimming? Or can you just...
  13. Question VGA vs Wii2HDMI

Hi guys, I'm wondering what gives the best resolution and picture quality for my video out option on my wii portable. VGA or HDMI via a Wii2HDMI. I am not worried about the size of the connector for either just video quality. Thanks
  14. Question The red board question.

Hi guys, I have some questions about 'the red board'. First does it have the capability with an LED to tell you accurately when your batteries are charged (4 X 18650s using a 12V 3A source to charge/power). Next once your batteries have charged fully but the source is still plugged in does it...
  15. Question FAT error, No USB detected!

Hey I get the following message when trying to run the cheese installer for the first time. ''fat error No USB detected" Anyone come across this ? Thanks
  16. Question GC+ , classic+ question

Hi guys, I am currently planning my first Wii portable and am wondering whether there is the need for both a GC+ and a classic+ ? I assumed all games that don't use Wii motion controllers can be played with the GC+ but looking to clear this up. Is a classic + needed? Thanks
  17. Question Wii joysticks & GC + compatibility

Hi guy, Wondering if anyone is aware if joysticks such as these would work with the GC + board (I ask as I understand it is mainly for 3ds sliders but am looking to try something different when it comes to joysticks, trying to achieve the switch joysticks feel.) Joysticks id look into trying: -...
  18. Worklog EWHIZZ 1st Wii port

Hi guys, I've got all my parts and started to trim and test my Wii portable. Ill be using a 5 inch eyoyo screen and 2s2p 18650 setup. I have trimmed my Wii and begun to wire up my regulators. I have followed the regulator guide but am wondering if I have wired the output cap correctly? I have...
  19. DIY USB dolphin bar using IR LEDs

Hi guys , Wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to make my own USB sensor bar to use with dolphin or retropie. I have some 940nm IR LEDs. Thanks
  20. Voltage regulator question

Hi guys, I'm looking at doing an arcade cabinet style thing and have purchased a 12v 4A power supply to power the screen driver. Basically I only want one cable going into the unit so have to find someway of supplying 12v 4a aswell as two 5v sources to power rpi and speaker all from one 12v 4A...