Search results

1. bayjose

Worklog Bayjose's Wii Portable

I actually already have the regulators, in the future I do want to look into alternative voltage regulator sources though because yeah, those regulators cost more than the wii did xD Do you have recommendations? I think it would be cool to use some smd components and make a small all in one...
  2. bayjose

I have been reading forum posts about what sorts of resistances to expect between each line and ground and I think that my resistances are okay. 1.0V - 102 1.15V - 39 3.3V - ~19K 5V - super high I need to get some potentiometers to tune my regulators to output the correct voltage. They are...
  3. bayjose

Question U10

Some additional options for removal would be to purchase some chip-quik off of amazon. Its a special alloy of metals that stay molton much longer than regular solder dose. You apply it to the pads of the u10, heat each leg of the u10 quickly to make all the blobs molton at the same time, then...
  4. bayjose

Did some additional sanding! and... it works! it dosent always boot up right away, and sometimes i get erros loading the menu and it will boot into homebrew. I think this is related to line voltages though, the 1.0V line is down around .89V at times, and the 1.15V line goes down to about 1.0V...
  5. bayjose

Thank you so much!
  6. bayjose

Huge update! Hello everyone, I've slowly been amassing parts and knowledge to continue on with my WII portable and today I finally cut my motherboard! I think it went pretty well. Before hooking it up to my regulators I was wondering what resistances I should expect between the various voltage...
  7. bayjose

So it seems that I need to pull the GPU via to gnd to get the WII to boot, that seems strange. I have desoldered my relocated u10, and the wire that runs off of pin 5 of the u10, to the gpu via, needs to be shorted to ground. I imagine that somehow the GPU is constantly connected to 3.3V, thus...
  8. bayjose

This may be a dumb question, but am i supposed to remove these circled pads, I cut the red trace, but the circled blue pads are still connected to my u10. They are all bridged together in a clump connecting the three pins on the left side of the u10
  9. bayjose

Yep! they are connected to gnd, still, with about 4 oms of resistance. Could the problem be the U10 itself, maybe i burned it out?
  10. bayjose

Update! Hello everyone, i have slowly been making progress and amassing the final parts that i need for my portable. I recently bought a GC+ and am excited to get to working on my portable. So most recently I have been trying to do the u10 relocation. It has been a daunting task for me since...
  11. bayjose

[Question] ssh -6 pi@addresss

Has anyone had any luck trying to ssh into a pi. when i run "sudo ifconfig" the only address i get is an IPv6 address, which you should be able to ssh into with ssh -6 user@address however this has not worked for me. I get the error "could not resolve hostname pi@####::####:####:####:#####/##...
  12. bayjose

Question Portable DVD player video input conversion questions

I purchased this screen. It takes either HDMI from your WII2HDMI upscaler, or composite video. The input to the barrel jack is labeled 12 volts, however you can supply 5 volts instead and it works fine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P94RDKM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  13. bayjose

HDMI male to HDMI male vertical stack

This saved me a bunch of space in my portable. mounted my wii2hdmi right above my hdmi to tft converter board. Only $1.12 delivered is a great deal...
  14. bayjose

Looking for a GC+

Just wondering if anyone has an extra GC+
  15. bayjose

Worklog gcGO: Faradyne's First Portable

I also have that board and am using it like this
  16. bayjose

Question Teensy Micro Controller simulate Gamecube Controller

So feel free to tell me if i am way off, but from what I have read it sounds as if each of the 64 sent bytes are made of two operations. For a (1), it is 3us high, 1us low. For (0) it is 3us low, 1us high. A packet of the 24bit word from the wii is sent to poll the controller to see if it is...
  17. bayjose

Question Teensy Micro Controller simulate Gamecube Controller

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the data that is output over the data line of a Gamecube controller, The packet size seems to be around 85 bytes transmitted at about 13.3 - 13.5 khz. From my testing the 'A' button seems to be the 35th bite of data transmitted out every packet. I...
  18. bayjose

My 3DS sliders came today! I wasn't able to get my hands on a GC+ board, so i was thinking of cutting an original Gamecube controller board that i got for 5$ at a local store. I'm planning on using Ashen's cutting guide for it. Also I am getting some noise issues with my video output, it may...
  19. bayjose

Christmas Update! I got the hot air station i asked for, for Christmas! Looks like i can do the U10 relocation finally! woo!, I was wondering what temperature would be recommended for desoldering the tiny transistor? Hope everyone had a great christmas- is having.