Search results

1. Thomothy

Worklog RVL-PSP (name may change) -- Nintendo Wii in a Sony Playstation Portable shell

Yeah they've been working on this puppy for quite a while in the discord. It's nice to see a worklog be built for it. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure VT is an EE so they should have some electronics design under their belt.
  2. Thomothy

Worklog RVL-PSP (name may change) -- Nintendo Wii in a Sony Playstation Portable shell

Yeah it is fun though because one it’s actually kicking me to start working on PCB design. And I’m getting a lot of mesh editing practice. I’m just hoping I can use some of my bit built projects as upper division elective credits. Can’t wait to see more developments though! I think it’s really...
  3. Thomothy

I hope you know that your activity on the cad design channel is both inspiring and gives me massive imposter syndrome. But I’m so hyped for this build
  4. Thomothy

RVLoader v1.6

There’s a list I reference on line quite a bit that shows if it has classic controller and/or GameCube controller support. actually looking it up for you I realize it’s Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes also when purchasing Wii games...
  5. Thomothy

Question Ashida Final Touches

Yay I’m glad you got audio figured out! And for the heatsinks they “should” contact your Wii just fine if you’re following the bom (and you removed the adhesive protection on the heat sinks aka the blue plastic). I don’t think you could go wrong with the silicone pads though. I haven’t used them...
  6. Thomothy

If he’s using the ones from the bom they come with thin adhesive pads that I had good adhesion and pressure to the heatsinks
  7. Thomothy

Discussion Trim designs

Yeah, in practice I’m planning on cutting farther away sanding in with a belt sander and then finish by hand. I’m also really close to the resistor traces on the omega and I know the nand relocation relocates one but I kinda want to try having full functionality of the ROM too
  8. Thomothy

Okay well for the uamp I would check to make sure your audio and I2C lines are making a good connection. Secondly there is a jumper you have to solder if you’re using an analog volume control which sounds like the issue you’re having. There is documentation on the 4 layer ashida and uamp page...
  9. Thomothy

Discussion Trim designs

Hi y’all! I was messing around with the Compendium and I decided to try and mark out my own trim markings. mainly because I wanted to keep the 4 screw holes but want to challenge myself with the trimming and relocation of LMAO and OMEGA trims. All the trims are octagons (even if I had to...
  10. Thomothy

Worklog Obligatory Ashida First Build

I do feel great shame for not having more patience but at last it’s only cosmetic damage
  11. Thomothy

Yeah… I just ended up using needle nose pliers and force but he is completely finished!!! If I thought my routing sucked for video, audio and power then boy I was in for a treat with the Bluetooth and MX chip. The main thing is, it works. Working Bluetooth, working MX, working ashida.
  12. Thomothy

SCREEN IS FIXED!!! Even though I have a stripped screw I was able to open it just enough to solder on some buttons and re-run the auto config so now I just have to get the stripped screw out and then wire in the MX chip I’m also on the fence about Bluetooth. I don’t really think I’m going to...
  13. Thomothy

Thank you! It’s not the exact color but it’s close and it’s an easy Pantone color if there ever needs to be some touch ups. (Like gouging the front) Secondly I had some questions that I have been having a little difficulty finding answers on. - For the off center screen I’m presuming we just...
  14. Thomothy

I hope it goes better! I still have some kinks to iron out
  15. Thomothy

It’s alive!!! I probably should have updated more on the troubleshooting process but it mainly came down to dumb mistakes and undoing more than I had to. Some notable problems were: - two times debris caused shorts in some wires which caused a fail to boot. - my I2C lines got shorted because I...
  16. Thomothy

He’s not dead! I was a little terrified that I murdered my boy because I was a little rough removing U4 but I took him out of the ashida popped him back into my test rig and blam! he popped up like me when someone talks about sweet tea! I’m going to chalk up him not working earlier to me just...
  17. Thomothy

Small update after soldering routing and checking wires for about 10 hours last night. I didn’t do a sanity check before starting to wire up audio and serial and when I did my sanity check after wiring those up. There was no video output. The voltages and U10 checked out and the cpu and guy...
  18. Thomothy

I’m trying so hard to be careful. Unfortunately so far my had did a tremble and I accidentally slammed the soldering iron into the case leaving a small gash
  19. Thomothy

ITS HERE IT FINALLY CAME!!!! On to final assembly and troubleshooting! (Here’s to hoping I don’t mess up!)
  20. Thomothy

Also, Aurelio's DD is fpga based right? so wouldn't that lead to higher power consumption? seems like a steep price to pay for a more customizable output and smaller footprint. I really appreciate the praise; I remember when my brother showed me shanks killmii video (probably why I am a...