Search results

1. CommanderBrace

wifi module stuff

So I saw Shockslayer posted about using the wifi module on portablizemii to install .dol and other files over ftp/network. I'm curious, what modules would I use for FTP? It would be interesting if there was potential for me to offload memory/work onto a personal server, and then request...
  2. CommanderBrace

No shipping method = No happy fun times

So I took a look at the shop again to see if I could snag some GC+ boards. Unfortunately..... It let me through most parts of the checkout, but I couldn't choose a shipping option and complete checkout. I feel like I've been bamboozled.
  3. CommanderBrace

Wii/GC dev kits and/or homebrew programming utilities

Hiya everyone. It's been awhile since I was on here last. Anyway, I'm looking for any information on coding for the wii or for the gamecube. I want to be able to make custom software for the portable I'm working on, but I don't know where to start. I already have 4 years in C++ (2 in C#/unity)...
  4. CommanderBrace

Haikus~

Finals are no more Impatience is setting in Need GC+ boards ;~;
  5. CommanderBrace

Send Halp Plox

So I'm working on my screen currently. I used a multimeter to verify that the board was receiving 12v power, and it is. The screen functions when plugged in, but I need to find a way to power this bad boy on something around 5v or less. Unfortunately I can't get a clear image of the screen's...
  6. CommanderBrace

Discussion Parts are in~ Yay

My PTHs came in today~ I was actually incredibly surprised with how small they are. [edit: i'm having difficulty linking to a google drive image upload~]
  7. CommanderBrace

huge, but probably dumb, charging idea~

So imagine you have yourself a portable Wii with a built in GC controller. BUT, you retain the stock cable for the controller, and it plugs into the console. (This would basically be if you used a GC keyboard controller shell for the whole system). In this manner, you could plug your portable...
  8. CommanderBrace

Solved Workplace Tool Recommendations~

So I have come unto an irritating problem. My desoldering iron from Radioshack doesn't appear to have replacement tips that taper into an actual point. all their tips have a hole in the center so that I can suck out molten solder. I basically need a really fine point soldering iron / tip...
  9. CommanderBrace

Solved Using a DS lite screen as a monitor for a Wii trim?

Has anyone ever been able to use some of the smaller first party handheld screens as a built in screen for a portable? I'd like to know if anyone has any designs on how to use either a DS lite top/bottom screen or a GBA screen for the wii mobos. If it is possible, then I might be able to make...
  10. CommanderBrace

Do these extenders have the same structure as the adapters on normal wiis?

So I found these GC extenders. (remove the spaces in the link) amazon . com /4x-Wii-Gamecube-Extension-Cables/dp/B001AI7CF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479408816&sr=8-1&keywords=nintendo+gamecube+controller+cable Now, I have a portless wii that doesn't have the GC slots, but it does have the...
  11. CommanderBrace

Best Quality mold materials~

Has anyone used the resin casting method repeatedly? I know certain kinds of mold making materials will shrink over time, and there are better ones that wont shrink as much (more pricey~). However, I've heard of using urethane rubber as the mold material, which I'm unfamiliar with, and I'm sure...
  12. CommanderBrace

liquid glass casting

Has anyone used resin casts before for button and case replacements? I just met a man who has been using liquid glass to fill in the knocked out knots in his woodworking projects. It's incredibly hard, and provides a high gloss finish. While it costs quite a bit, it seems incredibly viable for...
  13. CommanderBrace

wii mote piggyback?

Hi guys, so I saw on some early posts that the Wii uses regulators to cut down the 12v source into a variety of different voltages for the internal components. One of these was 3.3v and that seems like it would be enough to operate a wii mote. Does anyone have any evidence suggesting that it...