Search results

1. Question Identification of X1 component

Hi everyone, long time no see. I've had a bit more time on my hand and was inspired by some of the recreations of the Wii motherboard. As a result, I have begun the process of designing my own in Kicad. I am little bit confused however by the part labelled as X1 on the Wii. From my...
  2. Question Trigger system

Hi everyone, Have a bit of what might seem a silly question but couldn't really find an answer from looking at all the different trigger L/R designs. I was basing this trigger off Jackson's Wii sp 2, since this is the sort of case I want to design. Currently, in Fusion 360, I have completed...
  3. Question QFN soldering

I have had some varying success with using hot air to solder QFN parts, but I can rarely get it reliably done. For example with JacksonS's amp, it took a couple of tries to solder the PIC & get it actually programmed. What do you guys use to solder QFN parts? Is it just hot air, stencil and...
  4. Question Programming PIC

So I recently bought the board JacksonS made for the switching headphone jack, but i'm having trouble programming it. On the board at the moment all I have soldered on is the PIC16F1503. After connecting the PICkit3 through MPLAB, it says it has found the target device but I am unable to program...
  5. Question Running screen off 5v \ 3.3v

Hi guys, unfortunately I've got another issue to solve. My 3.5 BW screen works fine on my trimmed wii, but for my actual project I'm using the 5 inch version. When I power the screen off 5v I occasionally get some flickering, while 3.3v and 12v show no signs of life at all. I noticed in...
  6. Solved Cut through amp

So I've finally managed to get a working trim, with bluetooth, the only problem is I've somehow managed to cut through the wii preamp. I've got a picture below. Would I still be able to get audio working?
  7. [WTB] U10 Needed

Hi guys, I've been a long time lurker of this forum and have finally bitten the bullet and attempted to build my own portable. After a lot of mess ups and some practicing with soldering, I've finally managed to successfully relocate the Bluetooth module (34g wire made things a lot easier). I've...