Search results

1. Lollipop

Question Bring me up to SPEED

Hi Everyone, It's been about 5 years and I'm ready to get back into things. But, I'm super behind on latest developments related to PS2. I have been reading as much as I can but 5 years is a lot to cover. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some of the highlights that I can look...
  2. Lollipop

Question Viability of Electroplated Cases

Metallic paints are decent at binding to ABS plastics (which is very common in scale models). If I remember correctly, most metallic paints are lacquer based and the solvent used to thin the paints actually dissolves the surface of polystyrene plastics and causes the paint to stick quite well if...
  3. Lollipop

I did a bit of research and found that some people were able to electroplate 3d prints by painting over them with an acetone + graphite mixture. The acetone helps the graphic bond to the ABS and which in turn allows the surface of the model to conduct well. The only downside to this is that it...
  4. Lollipop

I have no experience with electroplating so I may be completely wrong, but from what I understand the electroplating process needs the "shape" to be a conducting material so that the dissolved metal ions will be reduce/oxidized and form a layer on the surface of the shape. Again I may be...
  5. Lollipop

Worklog The GS2

Nice work gman, I was wondering how long the battery life is for the ps2 with only the 2 batteries.
  6. Lollipop

Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

Hey nice finds so far, I was wondering if you could point me towards the "DVD drive data syntax". I have a little experience with FPGAs and wanted to take a stab at emulating the disc drive for booting off SD cards. Thanks, and good luck with your project
  7. Lollipop

Loading ISOs from SAMBA

I've only skimmed through the compatibility lists they have floating around the internet but from what I've seen ethernet compatibility is slightly better (in terms of work/don't work) and performance is better in general (less stuttering/lag/etc)
  8. Lollipop

Loading ISOs from SAMBA

Yup, haven't really done much real testing to see how much of an improvement it is yet though. If you guys know of any particular games that have really bad video stuttering or issues that would be good for comparison let me know and I might be able to use that for future testing. Also in...
  9. Lollipop

Loading ISOs from SAMBA

Hi guys, Not really a new idea. I brought this concept up a long time ago on some other forums but I haven't gotten around to actually demonstrating the working product. I couldn't find my extension cord so I couldn't get it all in one shot but here it is: I'm using an 8 USD ARM board called...
  10. Lollipop

Worklog SP PSII Build

^ I've just purchased one a couple days ago from ebay. It hasn't come in yet so I can't vouch for quality yet though. Also from what I've seen the side bar on r/ps2 might have a FMCB service as well.
  11. Lollipop

Wii SP 2.0

Very nice! It's a weird coincidence because just a couple weeks ago I was looking into emulating the IR camera with a touch screen as well. As for spoofing the accelerometer, I was thinking about using the touch screen microcontroller to calculate the real-time XY rate-of-change and use that as...
  12. Lollipop

Worklog PPR

Wow I still remember a long time ago when I first found your WIP. Amazing work!
  13. Lollipop

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Hi guys, I was wondering how you guys desolder the NAND chip. I was going to try hot air tomorrow but just wanted to see what you guys do
  14. Lollipop

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Hi guys 2 quick questions 1. What games suffer the most from 3ds joystick crawling? 2. Have you guys ever tried boarding a plane with a portable? If your wiring was clean it might pass but some of the messy one probably look a bit suspicious.
  15. Lollipop

Portablizing BOM

Lots of epoxy really. Also, mounting the jack on a perfboad/pcb gives you much more room to work with as well as more options for mounting, such as screw posts.
  16. Lollipop

^Agreed (is there even a way to hold?)

^Agreed (is there even a way to hold?)
  17. Lollipop

Thanks ;)

Thanks ;)
  18. Lollipop

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone, Lollipop here (modretro and gc-forever). I took a few months off from modding for school and I come back and there's a new forum and the OMGWTF wii is smaller than the OMGWTF gamecube. Well played guys. I finished 2 cubes recently so I'm looking forward to try out the new wii...