Search results

1. walkyd

Worklog First Portable Wii

Haven’t specifically tried the original PTH regs since blowing the first PMS lite I had, but was getting there just to try and backtrack. The PMS is the only thing that has been inserted/changed around, so it definitely is possibly it messed with the Wii, although the resistances across the...
  2. walkyd

Attached a picture of the back of the trim as well as my best close up of the U10 via
  3. walkyd

So, U10 via is getting 3.3v from the u10 chip. Pretty stumped as to why I can’t get any video output (composite). Any other ideas or things to try?
  4. walkyd

Yep, everything at the Wii is getting the expected voltages. Didn’t think to check the U10 again, doing that now
  5. walkyd

Cleaned everything up with iso and resoldered all the voltages. Still nothing coming through to the screen. Any other ideas or things I can test?
  6. walkyd

Thanks for the tip to follow Nold’s guide. All my resistances fall right into the range found in the replies in the thread (happy to post them if there are still issues). I think I’m going to clean up my Wii board with some iso, double check my wiring, and try again. I’ll report back with...
  7. walkyd

The first PMS was fried before it was ever wired to the Wii, so I’m not too worried about it affecting that. I moved too quickly and had a solder bubble touching across a few points on the pms when I was going to test to make sure that the output voltages matched what the board had…silly...
  8. walkyd

Finally got all the parts in and been busy with life but back at it. First things first, I shorted something on my first pms lite very quickly. Mystery smoke and no voltages when wired up. So, waited for another one to arrive! Now I’ve wired up the button on the usb pd and I’m getting correct...
  9. walkyd

RVL-PMS or recommendations

Will the custom regulator setup work in place of the RVL-PMS? I do already have a 1, 1.15, and 3.3 V regulator setup for testing. What advantage does the RVL give over that?
  10. walkyd

RVL-PMS or recommendations

Looks like I just missed the stock of RVL-PMS-Lites (by a day or two, RIP). Anyone have an extra one they made and would be willing to sell? Or any other ideas on how to get one? Bummed that the lead times for all the parts are looking like year long waits
  11. walkyd

Got the trimmed board booted up! Only U10 and custom regulators wired up for now. On to ordering the other parts and getting the case printed.
  12. walkyd

Good to know, thanks for tagging that!
  13. walkyd

I’ve started on my first Wii portable build recently and wanted to share my progress here. I wanted to take it step by step to make sure I understood everything along the way and that everything I do is working. I spent a lot of time reading through all of the guides and worklogs, so I felt...
  14. walkyd

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey, I’m walkyd. Been doing various console mods for some time now (long time lurker) but stumbled upon the portable mod community recently and have been loving it! Worked on the manufacturing side of soldering 5+ years ago but currently a software engineer, looking to get back into the...