Search results

1. Luke

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Luke's 3rd N64p

TLDR, I found a pretty nice third party controller with a great joystick, and was able to trim it pretty small. See pictures below. Tiny progress. Been banging my head trying to figure out what to do for a controller. My process in the past for n64s has been to get some 3rd party controller...
  2. Luke

Hmm, I'd be interested to see that. It's a feature of his UltraHDMI and was going to be in the UltraVGA too, but
  3. Luke

Indeed, I think you are probably as happy as I am to have been active during the time marshallh made those. Soldering to the RCP was way harder and more nerve-racking, but can always get more n64s if I mess that part up!
  4. Luke

I am quite pleasantly surprised that my soldering the UltraVGA to the rcp was successful. I had a connection from 3v3 to gnd that I had to debug but after that was taken care of I checked continuity for quite a bit longer before flipping it on. Next I'll arrange the wires in a more pleasing way...
  5. Luke

5 Inch Eyoyo Component Screen

This particular board apparently has a quirk in that the RGB pins are out of order, and what Cheese posted is the typical pinout. If you had this exact board, Stitches picture is the one to follow. But if as you say you have another driver that happens to use the same chip, it doesn't stand to...
  6. Luke

Setting the VGA aside for now and looking back to an oversized composite option... This is an 8" LCD I had for reasons I don't remember. I don't know if I ever had a driver but if I did I couldn't find it, so I ordered a new one. Note the untrimmed n64 mobo for size comparison lol... The...
  7. Luke

Yeah I kinda wish I had taken a picture after each one, a little more convenient to touch a joint up when it's still the one you just did on the end and not in the middle. Agreed, nothing special about 2 wires per pad, I decided on 4 wires total and that's just kinda what I did.
  8. Luke

It's all so small I didn't see it until I took the picture that some of them seemed to turn out better than others, but I did tug on them all pretty hard and particularly the ones that seemed like they could be weak, but they all seemed secure and didn't budge whatsoever. The gauge I used was...
  9. Luke

Well, possibly... I think this didn't turn out too bad considering I really don't have very steady hands. Pretty nervous about doing the other side. I still want to have a big screen, 6-8". I am eyeing this one at the moment: amazon Anyone have any experience with anything like that, or have...
  10. Luke

JonBoy - Raspberry Pi Portable

Very cool. Welcome to the scene! Nice project to get your feet wet. Looking forward to that wii portable.
  11. Luke

Discussion My First N64 Portable

PIF relocation part - I'm wondering, are you planning on doing a pretty small N64 trim? I ask because you had mentioned that you were going to try to avoid trimming the motherboard if possible. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  12. Luke

Eager to rejoin this community after quite a hiatus. I am making this thread now to hold the motivation I now have to participate in this competition, which I am very excited about. I have not started yet and have not finalized my plan but here are some things I want to do. frankencased - a hat...
  13. Luke

Question Component video shielding

Also if you still can't manage to get it off, it probably wouldn't be so bad to trim the wire as close as you can to the board, and then solder shielded wire to that.
  14. Luke

Question Component video shielding

...Neither, replace what you have with shielded wire. How on earth is unsoldering and resoldering a couple wires more troublesome than wrapping existing wires with tin foil and soldering wires to both sides of the tin foil and insulating the whole thing?
  15. Luke

Question Wii/N64 combo console questions

If he were to add another switch, he just needs a spst to turn the power on/off; no need for a sp3t, he's already doing that selection with the other switch. But what do you think about my idea: You could get an even crazier switch, a 4p3t switch (this would be a rotary switch) and wire it up...
  16. Luke

Question Wii/N64 combo console questions

You still need a 3.3v reg for the n64; the n46 needs 3.3v and 12v, which are both normally supplied by the n64 power supply (there's no onboard 3.3v reg or anything).
  17. Luke

Congrats! :D

Congrats! :D
  18. Luke

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

Yes, a single SPST switch is required. Can't have two controllers plugged into the same slot at the same time; doesn't matter if you're not pressing buttons on both at the same time.
  19. Luke

Hoenn National Pokedex Gameboy

Jealous :XD:
  20. Luke

Question Carb board wii portable?

You asked "Cardboard Wii Portable? Can it be done?" We answered that question. And then after we pointed out all the problems you changed it to, nah guyz, I just meant for testing, but then continued to provide details on how you would make it viable (fans on all sides, duct tape for stabilty...