Search results

1. BefuddledWiz

Question PMS-PD not reading from USB

Well, I found that 3v3 was shorting to GND when powered on, so the PD might just be fried. Going to disconnect everything and check the PMS lite as well but I think I just need a new PMS-PD.
  2. BefuddledWiz

The USB drive isn't plugged in for these photos but I promise I didn't forget that part when testing haha
  3. BefuddledWiz

Also, it's a PMS-PD rev B which has worked in the past in this exact portable. The only thing that's happened is it's been sitting on a shelf for 3-4 months with no batteries connected, and it's a new Wii but like I said the Wii itself boots just fine.
  4. BefuddledWiz

Hey guys, I'm working on an Ashida and I cannot get the PMS-PD to read from the USB drive. I've tried 2 different drives that I know to be working, I can plug them into my PC and read the files just fine (it's also the same drive I used when I installed RVLoader pre-trim). RVLoader just shows...
  5. BefuddledWiz

Question Ashida audio troubleshooting

Updating the firmware and setting the volume type to potentiometer did fix the volume wheel, so it's controlling the volume as expected. However, it didn't fix the issue with the loudness staying the same regardless of the volume, and now it's booting very inconsistently, so I have more issues...
  6. BefuddledWiz

Ah, I forgot about the firmware update thing. I'll try those when I get home tonight and report back.
  7. BefuddledWiz

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the audio to work properly on my Ashida. I'm using an RVL-AMP instead of a UAMP so I'm trying to figure out the differences and wire it to the interface board accordingly. I can take more detailed pictures, but everything is kind of packed in here already...
  8. BefuddledWiz

Ashida Wii Portable

Hey Wesk, out of curiosity how did you create the rest of the case other than the 3D scan? Did you do it with a sculpting program or just create the custom pieces and overlap it with the rest of the scanned model?
  9. BefuddledWiz

JoniiBoy Wii Portable

Hello everyone! This project has been a long time coming. I posted a worklog a while ago for a Wii portable project I had been working on (which was overdue all on its own, I had been working on the project for about 3-4 months before that). I finally completed it a few days ago and I'm very...
  10. BefuddledWiz

Worklog JoniiBoy (Wii Portable)

Just a few days later and a massive brick scare, it works! I had originally been using some 24awg breadboard wire for all the Wii voltages, which was very unpleasant to solder with and I just generally didn't trust it. I tried firing it up and it would run for about half a second and lose all...
  11. BefuddledWiz

A little update. I finally got my printer tuned after weeks of struggle, but now the case has become three dimensional! I've started dropping parts in so now it's time for wiring and probably a lot of heartache troubleshooting.
  12. BefuddledWiz

Hello all! I've been working on a Wii portable project after getting my feet wet with a Raspberry Pi portable. I've been spending most of my time on the case design and making sure I can fit everything. My main constraint is the size of my printer, which is about 220 mm wide, so instead of...
  13. BefuddledWiz

JonBoy - Raspberry Pi Portable

Hey all! I joined the forums a short time ago and I'm currently starting up a Wii portable project. But first! I wanted to show off my Raspberry Pi portable, the JonBoy! This is the first portable project I've done, and I've sort of had this idea floating in my head for several years, but now...
  14. BefuddledWiz

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey all! Game programmer professionally, portabilizer as a hobby. Got inspired by Shank's youtube channel!