2. Nold

The 5th GeN64 Portable - A Downing/Gman & Aurelio Creation

amazing work, as always!
  3. Nold

BitBuilt's 2023 Secret Santa!

and as every year, nold totally misses it ... <.<
  4. Nold

Worklog Nold's 3rd N64 Portable

So here is a little "update".. I've finished up some Rev.1 PCBs & designed my first flex PCB. it allows mounting two RAM chips on the n64.. so i can repair a few stock n64 boards. But before i can order a new PCB batch i need to do some work on the PCB.. as it tourns out, my 3.5" inch screen...
  5. Nold

Worklog Nintendo Wii Classic Edition

those readings look good to me
  6. Nold

Worklog Nintendo Wii Classic Edition

Some of your solder joints look pretty good (the on the PSU mostly), others look like they could need some more heat/solder/flux 6-layers can be bitchy.. make sure to sand very very well atleast up to 800~1k grid. even then the lowest voltage can have like 6 ohms to GND which should be fine...
  7. Nold

Wii Resistance Issue

- give it some good sanding up to 800 grid - remove all cut through components - clean pcb with a brush & IPA
  8. Nold

Worklog Ashida 64 (Working Title) N64 Portable

How are you going to provide airflow through your heatsinks? I guess if you just pack them into a print, they wouldn't do much cooling & the bracket might even melt. You could also better spread the heat by using a single copper sheet that connects all ICs/heatsinks. Anyways you seem to be on...
  9. Nold

Worklog Pears' N64 Portable

nice, i dig those buttons, how do you like them?
  10. Nold

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Damn nice work guys, hope you put some of there files/changes on github or bring it upstream :)
  11. Nold

I'm totally hyped to tell you that the "LibreHDMi" & "VGA-Dock" PCBs are tested & working :mrgreen: Somebody [TM] swapped the IN/Out Labels tho.. Anyways...
  12. Nold

Good News: We got a working PD & PMS :) Sadly the PMS is still missing the 5V reg cause i bought the wrong footprint -.-'' Anyway, here are some beautyshots JLC did a good job with the cascaded-pads.. except for the PMS where they are not plated.. (maybe i set the edge cut wrong) but...
  13. Nold

14. Nold

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Xbox Portable (Yet to be named)

U-AMP has Xbox support now? sweet
  15. Nold

While waiting for the PCBs and parts to arrive, i reworked the game pak slot. feels like it works more reliable now, too.. Also check out how cool wii caps look on this n64 :D
  16. Nold

Case is pretty much finished & PCBs have been shipped.. next i need to order some parts & soon we will see if everything can actually fit :D
  17. Nold

Your JLCPCB Order Is On Its Way To You

Your JLCPCB Order Is On Its Way To You
  18. Nold

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

damn man, how did somebody say.. "you really leveled up your game" man. looks absolutely insane!
  19. Nold

Today.. i'm kinda happy how the front turned out so far :) The back still needs some work.. like... SHOULDER BUTTONS!1 .... O.O Anyways this time i'm going to use some resin printed buttons, so it's gonne be great! Luckily Morty jumped in so i could take a break
  20. Nold

2023 Summer Competition Results and Prizes

:mrgreen: