Search results

1. Y2K

Guide Constant Corruption & Crashes in RVLoader

I think the best approach to confirm that this is or isn't a Wii incompatibility issue is to wire to a separate USB port instead of PMS-PD, just to eliminate any potential variables. Knowing how PMS-PD Rev 2 works with its muxing, I kinda doubt it's the issue, but you can never be too careful...
  2. Y2K

Worklog N64 Micro

I definitely wouldn't get discouraged, RDRAM is just stupidly sensitive haha Definitely give yourself some time and then try to get back into the fray, it's a great concept and it definitely can work, just gotta pay more attention to the RAMBUS termination!
  3. Y2K

Wii Portable Commision

I hate to be a negative nancy, but while your contributions are appreciated, I do not believe you are ready to start accepting commissions for something like this. Allow me to explain why. Firstly, according to CrazyGadget, you've have had to have him trim and prewire 2 trims for your existing...
  4. Y2K

Worklog N64 Micro

Perhaps it could be related to how you're terminating the RDRAM? That part is fairly sensitive, possibly something to look into.
  5. Y2K

Wii Omega Trim Commission Request for GC Nano Build

Moved to the user trading subforum as this is more on topic for this subforum.
  6. Y2K

Mega Drive PCB

Amazing work! You're on a roll! :D
  7. Y2K

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] DS Lite XL

If you need a model of the DS Lite shell for your purposes, might I suggest checking out @Wesk's DS Lite 3D Scans to use as a reference? It should be pretty accurate, and you can either manipulate the scan directly or design your own model based on the scan!
  8. Y2K

Release WiFiflex: Wii WiFi relocation flex pcb

JLC will usually manufacturer boards that are out of tollerance if you accept the risks, so I'd definitely say you got lucky here. The boards are probably not going to have an issue through their process, but they can't offer any guarantees when they're outside of tollerance. In any case, my...
  9. Y2K

Modern Piiwii Pocket

A new build with a direct drive in 2024?! And a revival of an old classic! You sir get a gold medal! A suggestion, your wiring is a little spaghetti. One thing I recommend you do is bundle sets of magnet wire together (ones that are not noise sensitive, I should add) by tying more magnet wire...
  10. Y2K

[FS] Squishy Tacts (SKEYAJA010) & Dual-Action Tacts (TMHF07)

Dual tacts have 2 actuations. The first actuation is like a softer click, not like a squishy tact but not as sharp as a clicky tact. The second click is much sharper and feels much more like a regular clicky switch. For an N64 build though I personally would prefer to use something with only one...
  11. Y2K

Hi everyone! So as user @connorl discovered when ordering flexes through JLCPCB (and also through Yveltal's infinite foresight), JLC will not manufacture these flexes as-is due to the tolerances on the castellations being out of spec. Have no fear, for I have come to save the day! Here is a...
  12. Y2K

Guide The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide

I would advise anyone here to not attempt this until you have some more experience under your belt. Not trying to gatekeep or anything, but WUP-50 Wii U's aren't exactly the most common thing in existence, and the sheer number of extremely complex relocations required here is not something that...
  13. Y2K

FPCs through PCBWay are indeed very expensive. These FPCs through JLCPCB are $15 for 5, and they also currently have a one time use coupon available for a free 2 layer flex PCB order for boards less than 100mm^2. Perfect for these if you want to give them a shot!
  14. Y2K

Question Artefacts Wii

For what its worth this doesn't necessarily always happen to 6 layers, just a thing that can happen. I have a 6 layer Wii that I've had since launch and its still chugging along and working great, just depends. Also, yes, all colored Wii's are 4 layer boards, if you're getting one to use as a...
  15. Y2K

Question Artefacts Wii

Gonna need pics here, video artifacts can mean a lot of different things, and a pic of the screen/internals will allow us to confirm whether its a GPU fault or something else. Please send some pics or a video of the artifacting you're seeing. A clear pic of the front and back of the motherboard...
  16. Y2K

Worklog PS1 Native VGA mod (15khz)

Several things you need to check here: 1st off, please make sure the display you're using accepts 15KHz sources (aka 240p, 480i), most PC CRTs that accept VGA do not. You'll need a scaler if you want to use this on those. 2nd, please clear any sorts there might be, especially when it comes to...
  17. Y2K

Worklog PS1 Native VGA mod (15khz)

For PU-22, the process is exactly the same as PU-18 and a lot of other revisions. The GPU is the same between these revisions and also breaks out the H/V sync lines into convenient vias and test points. Sorry for the crude diagrams, did them on my phone. Theres 2 locations for H/V sync, firstly...
  18. Y2K

N64HH V2

I love the use of an FFC to connect the two halves! Excellent work!
  19. Y2K

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

You're welcome my guy! Hope you enjoy it!
  20. Y2K

Question Will this blow up?

None of this setup will work for you. You need a regulator that is capable of supplying 5V at 2.5A minimum, which this Adafruit board cannot do. If you want to use lithium batteries, you also need a BMS (battery management system) that can properly manage charging & discharging, ideally...