Search results

1. SirRawThunderMan

Question Building a "flight safe" wii portable?

Right, I'm overthinking it, then. Cool, rather that than missing something obvious. thanks guys
  2. SirRawThunderMan

Question Building a "flight safe" wii portable?

Hey folks! I had to put my (very, very, very early stage) build on hiatus for financial reasons, but now I've got a new job, I can start again. The job is going to involve some regular flights and hotel stays, and I'd like to use that time revisiting some old favourite games. What I really...
  3. SirRawThunderMan

Question RVLoader: What am I doing wrong?

...Congratulations, you found the idiot mistake I made. Got RVLoader installing, thanks.
  4. SirRawThunderMan

Question RVLoader: What am I doing wrong?

Ok, I've hit my first "I'm doing something simple wrong but I can't figure out what" moment. I've got the homebrew channel installed on my three wiis. If it matters, I couldn't get the SD card letterbomb to work, so I went with the alternate DNS method. After that, I can't get any further...
  5. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

Final update on this thread before I start some kind of build log. I still haven't decided if I want to try making a Wii micro as a starter project, or just proceed directly to a portable. Wii3 has arrived. Like Wii2, there is nothing wrong with it that I can find (aside from being a Family...
  6. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

I got two things in the mail today: a set of screwdrivers, and the second "broken" wii from ebay. Good news, Wii 2 is a 4 layer. Further good news: I had to disassemble the disk drive on Wii 1, but once I got the disk out, the disk drive works fine. Not that that matters much in the long run...
  7. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

Ok, last question before I move onto a proper build log style thread. I'm trying to jailbreak the Wii I've got: Good news, it works, and I was able to reset it to factory settings. Bad news: there's a disk stuck in the drive, and the wii keeps shutting itself down with a warning to eject it...
  8. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

Thanks. I didn't think so, but it never harms to double check.
  9. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

Right, the first of the three "broken" Wiis I bought on ebay arrived in saturday's mail. As far as I can tell, this one is a 6-layer rev1, so I won't be trimming it first. I bought this one because it was the cheapest borked Wii I could buy that came with all the cables. Also, I'll practice the...
  10. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

okay, scratch that question, I went through the G-boy manual and that's given me an idea of what I'm missing. Always RTFM.
  11. SirRawThunderMan

Question Getting Started

Hello there! For the last few weeks, the YouTube Algorithm has decided to flood me with portable Wii videos. For once, the Algorithm sent me something decent to watch, and what the hell, I figured I'd give it a try. I've been involved in the lightsaber building community for a few years, so I...
  12. SirRawThunderMan

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello there. I'm looking forwards to getting started on my latest hobby-based addiction. And hey, I'm on page number 69 of this thread. Noice.