Search results

1. STB

Worklog Raspberry PI Zero 2 based portable Retropie Console

Currently I'm planning the prtototype build. Building the 1st two prototypes was with approx. 220US$ (per pcs. without RPi & TFT) quite expensive. Is there some interest in a prototype so that the amount of samples is increasing? Prices drop dramtically if I could make more than 10 pcs. I'd...
  2. STB

A lot of work lies behind me . As I wrote before I'd like to use the RPi4. As result I re-desigend it to use the CM4. I also introduced some new fearures: 5V, 3.5A powersupply 2 analog shoulder inputs using linear Hall-sensors HDMI output on the PCB because the CM4 has none Micro-SD slot on...
  3. STB

Sorry for my long absence. I had a charger/powersupply issue with the prototype. Epecially the charger IC caused a lot of headache. My interpretation of the current limiting feature in the datasheet was "a bit" o.O different from the IC designers interpretation. So it happened that overcurret...
  4. STB

Some impressions on the motion sensing feature:
  5. STB

I'm using RGB666. The reason for that is that I'm using PWM sound on GPIO18 & GPIO19. Unfortunately I2S is always blocked when using DPI. Currently I'm fighting with the analog sticks. I bought 10 pcs on Aliexpress, so far I tried 3 of them and their lifetime is very limited. Screwed on the PCB...
  6. STB

It has 5" screen size. The pictures are showing it with two different 5" TFTs. One with touch and this nice black frame. The other one is without touch. The sowftware is also supporting this touch but to be honest, with RetroPI there is no need for touch.
  7. STB

Hi ! I'm working on a portable game console running on a Raspberry PI Zero 2. My rough specs are: 800x480 TFT screen with digital brightness control Stereo sound (switches automatic to headphone if the 3.5mm connector is inserted) Digital volume control USB-C charging input 3.6V LiIon battery...
  8. STB

Question Show/read battery level on Raspberry Pi OS from HID game controller

Hi ! I'm working on a portable game console using the Raspberry PI zero 2W for the emulation. The console with all buttons, an IMU doing Trackball/Mouse emulation, Touchscreen, Powerbutton and Battery level is implemented using a STM32 microcontroller as USB HID device. I'm quite experienced in...
  9. STB

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi! I was following this forum for a long time. I'm interested in all types of consoles. Having lot of old consoles in my "museum". I also created a laser cutted housing for an 8" Bartop powerde by the Raspberry PI 3 or 4. With parts available e.g. on Aliexpress. With the availability of the...