Search results

1. CrispModz

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

Oops, guess I forgot I was supposed to post my gift (•_•; ). When I got to the mailbox one day and opened it, I saw a large box stuffed in there. I immediately said out loud, "That's a big package." I couldn't find their username anywhere, sooo... (I'm going to put them in the order in which...
  2. CrispModz

ヽ(ー_ー )ノ

ヽ(ー_ー )ノ
  3. CrispModz

Solved What heatsink material is the best to use?

Okay, thanks. I'll keep all that in mind.
  4. CrispModz

How much does the shape and size of the heatsink effect it?
  5. CrispModz

I was looking into what heatsink I should use for a portable Wii I'm working on, and I found that there was a few different types of materials that are used for them. So, what material dissipates heat better?
  6. CrispModz

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] My first wii portable: Project Codename Ginger

I think your supposed to have a "Summer Contestant" banner to actually join the competition.
  7. CrispModz

Question All of my Wii software on my Wii isn't working properly.

I didn't install RVLoader on this Wii and the BT and Wifi modules were socketed at the time.
  8. CrispModz

It's not just when using USBLoader. It happens with all of my Wii channels too.
  9. CrispModz

Is this better? I don't think there is anything wrong with the back side of the motherboard.
  10. CrispModz

Sorry for the poor image quality.
  11. CrispModz

Question Should i make my portable emulated or let it have a real motherboard.

If you're doing a Wii portable you should probably do a real motherboard, because the real thing runs perfectly smooth while an emulated device might run a bit slow at times. If your wanting to have detachable controllers how would an emulated device make it work better? Also, if you want to...
  12. CrispModz

For some reason on my Wii, all of the Wii software like Wii games, Wii VC games, etc. are not working properly. Most software instantly gives a disc error; for some software, it runs for a bit and then gives an error. Can someone help me with this? Also, I was planning to make this Wii into a...
  13. CrispModz

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The Wiik Link(First Portable Wii)

Hello, sorry its been a while. I've been running a little late on finishing this project. I don't think I will be able to get this done before the deadline, but I will still try to continue work on it even after the deadline. But for now let me show you some progress-ish I made. These images...
  14. CrispModz

I'm playing around with this interesting idea of having separate extensions that you can plug into the portable for different features. Like having an extension for extra GC ports and one to make it able to be plugged into a tv.
  15. CrispModz

I guess your right. I should probably round the edges out a bit.
  16. CrispModz

Sorry, I must have forgotten to add the Z trigger. I will probably put it somewhere below the right trigger. Maybe something like this:
  17. CrispModz

I am mostly done with designing the shell for it. I'm still working out some positioning for some of the parts. This is what I have so far:
  18. CrispModz

I put together a list of parts for the portable. The price for all of the parts is $241.68. I already have some of the parts though so its more like $219.68. 3D Printed Parts: $5 Custom PCBs: $5 (1) 4Layer Wii: $20 (1) Broken DS Lite: $20 (1) RVL-PMS-Lite: $69.99 (1) PMS-PD 2: $19.99 (1) 16:9...
  19. CrispModz

Welcome to my worklog for my project, I am going to be making a Wii portable. I'm calling the portable the Wiik Link after Link from The Legend Of Zelda. This is some of my base concept art for it: