Search results

1. Senor Avocado

Worklog PiR8_BTY's N64 Portable Control Deck (N64HH)

Looking good! Can't wait to hear about how the hall stick feels, do you have a link for those? The switch is a great idea for safety. Is there not a headphone jack already in the design? I think that is a good location for the aux socket. Also, where do you get the screen mesh to cover the vent...
  2. Senor Avocado

SparkleBoard64 Mini.

PM'd!
  3. Senor Avocado

[FS] Gameboy Macro with USB-C Charging Mod and Stereo Switch Speakers $100

https://heldergametech.com/shop/nintendo-ds-lite/ds-lite-macro-3d-printed-face-plate-free-stl-files/ This link had some stls, but i modified it a lot to make room for the other speaker, adding extra text and other things
  4. Senor Avocado

[FS] Gameboy Macro with USB-C Charging Mod and Stereo Switch Speakers $100

I am selling a black Gameboy Macro I just recently finished. Hopefully it will help fund future projects! The front shell is a 3d-printed black dyed nylon from JLC PCB. I added space for a second switch speaker to keep the stereo sound, and I modded the charging port to accept USB-C. It uses the...
  5. Senor Avocado

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Playskool64 (name pending)

what is the battery pack you are using?
  6. Senor Avocado

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] SP Liite V2

They are definitely not the best, but they were very cost effective and reliable enough. they are a lot shorter than the wah regs too so it made it easier to fit in the space i had allocated. The resistor sets the voltage of the regulator, and the diode was already present on the board (maybe...
  7. Senor Avocado

Just finished up the video and edited the first post to show that the project is done! Good luck to everyone else!
  8. Senor Avocado

That was actually unpopulated when I opened it up. I just soldered there because it was a convenient location for the - terminal of the battery
  9. Senor Avocado

I initially got it in store at the local walmart, but I dont think they sel lthem anymore. I found a link of one that looks just like it though https://www.ebay.com/itm/384955977655?epid=25041841405&hash=item59a12a0fb7:g:HacAAOSwL25irWBd I also have used this one for testing, but it charges...
  10. Senor Avocado

BitBuilt's 2022 Summer Building Competition

for clarification, do i need to edit the first post of my work log to be a more "cutting edge" post that has the video, outside shots and inside shots?
  11. Senor Avocado

Also, Internal Wiring is done, i can mark this guy as finished!
  12. Senor Avocado

To avoid the shorting, there is Kapton tape under the regulator pcb where the voltage pads are. I sanded away the pcb mask right where the vias are under the main chip and also used thermal paste to have a good thermal connection to keep them from getting too hot!
  13. Senor Avocado

Today i got to work on the heatsink and the custom regulators. I am using a copper sheet with some small aluminum heatsinks and some of the MP1584EN regulators to power this guy. Because they get so hot under load, they are screwed to the heatsink with some thermal paste to prevent them from...
  14. Senor Avocado

This time i was able to work on the back side of the case and got the fan, triggers, volume potentiometer, usb micro sd reader and the power usbc jack installed. The next bit will be putting together the heatsink and the custom regulators
  15. Senor Avocado

I finished wiring the front part. It is coming along nicely! It looks so good with everything populated.
  16. Senor Avocado

Also, I have some more pics of the 3d printed parts and putting the threaded inserts in so that it will withstand being taken apart if need be. Some of the pics show how i am using the screws to hold the enclosure shut, but does not show outside on the case.
  17. Senor Avocado

They look like these (except they are black) and there isnt anything else like a black ring keeping them attached to the slider
  18. Senor Avocado

Thank you and yes they are! Some of the flat pieces had a little bit of warping, but i just bent them into shape.
  19. Senor Avocado

I finished the custom protective case that has the battery bank via usbc inside. It has a lid that closes with magnets, is lined it with a nice soft felt that should be able to protect the portable, it can hold the power cable and then also power it on the go! Next step is finishing up the...