Search results

1. Epixauce

Question External Wii Hardware Mods

So I've had this idea for awhile, as almost, introduction to hardware modding. Making a portable Wii without taking it apart. I know it sounds silly, and maybe not a fantastic idea, but I myself think the idea is much less intimidating than board cuts and directly soldering/ modifying the...
  2. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

Alright so as suggested by @ShockSlayer I have decided to start a work log for my very first project, a Wii Laptop. For this project I am not overly concerned with being super compact or doing anything advanced. Since I really don't have access to a 3D printer I'm going to be using an actual...
  3. Epixauce

Solved Shameless question thread?

I want to learn more here, but I'm honestly afraid of backlash. Are you guys cool with me asking beginner questions here or is there some better way to find the path of least resistance. I'm a big fan of tried and tested techniques and resources so negating the guess work Google sometimes...
  4. Epixauce

Solved Heatsinks, and how to obtain and implement them?

Planning on creating a Wii laptop by hollowing out an actual laptop. Fans are an obvious necessity, but what's the best way to obtain and implement a heatsink? Would it be possible to use the one inside the Wii?
  5. Epixauce

I've recently become interested in the prospect of portable consoles...

The deeper I look into this the more complicated it seems to be. (Mind you I have absolutely zero experience with hardware mods). Does everyone here have a background in electronics or did they just learn online?