Search results

1. Epixauce

Question External Wii Hardware Mods

I see, that item would be perfect if it was available in the U.S. Its like $60 to ship that here. I might have to do a bit more research. I plan on upgrading later to a 7" screen, but this is what I have. It runs a video/audio out, with the red being a power IN. The thing was perfect for a...
  2. Epixauce

Exactly! Just a bit confused on how to go about wiring up a battery pack using the Wii's I/O cables... Do you know of any great guides for this or references? I've like, scoured the internet, but there is nothing really about running the Wii on a battery, save those centered around hard-wiring...
  3. Epixauce

I like the idea of a dock, never considered it. Just need to keep it kind of slim in order to keep it semi, portable, Would like to keep it roughly the same size of the Wii, only modifying the thickness. Like the Gamecube + Battery + Screen?
  4. Epixauce

Surprisingly, that's not the first I've seen with a car battery... Whats to stop me from using the same batteries used in the most modern portables? Unless there is loads more than voltage conversion going on here, shouldn't it be similar in configuration to a phone charging off a portable battery?
  5. Epixauce

So I've had this idea for awhile, as almost, introduction to hardware modding. Making a portable Wii without taking it apart. I know it sounds silly, and maybe not a fantastic idea, but I myself think the idea is much less intimidating than board cuts and directly soldering/ modifying the...
  6. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

So the board for the screen came in today. EDIT: Its probably worth mentioning I have no idea what to do from here.
  7. Epixauce

Question Calling all noobs (noob question thread)

Alright so I have loads of questions that I don't expect to really get answered here, I'm just doing this for the sake of the thread here. I think it could help a lot of people if these were compiled into a FAQ like mentioned. I'm sure I will regret this in years to come, but here it is. Can...
  8. Epixauce

I know nothing about portabalizing.

I know nothing about portabalizing.
  9. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

So the screen used in this laptop is a LP156WH2 (TL) (A1), I looked up a board for this screen and found something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-AV-LCD-Controller-Board-Driver-For-LP156WH2-TLA1-LP156WH2-TL-A1-USA-/181984341698?hash=item2a5f1caec2:g:kLwAAOSw3KFWgUDn
  10. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

Gutted the laptop today, I officially hate screws now. I removed everything but the fan that went above the heatsink and a few ports next to it (VGA, 2 USB, Ethernet). I'm not quite sure yet what I'm looking for in terms of the LCD connector but it looks like it was already fed through the...
  11. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

@cheese thanks! Now I need to start making a list of materials. What is everyone's go to source for electronic parts? EDIT: Also just noticed I'm a member now, gratz to me!
  12. Epixauce

Solved Shameless question thread?

Sounds fair. Thanks for the support and help guys.
  13. Epixauce

Worklog Wii Laptop

Alright so as suggested by @ShockSlayer I have decided to start a work log for my very first project, a Wii Laptop. For this project I am not overly concerned with being super compact or doing anything advanced. Since I really don't have access to a 3D printer I'm going to be using an actual...
  14. Epixauce

Solved Shameless question thread?

I want to learn more here, but I'm honestly afraid of backlash. Are you guys cool with me asking beginner questions here or is there some better way to find the path of least resistance. I'm a big fan of tried and tested techniques and resources so negating the guess work Google sometimes...
  15. Epixauce

Solved Heatsinks, and how to obtain and implement them?

Planning on creating a Wii laptop by hollowing out an actual laptop. Fans are an obvious necessity, but what's the best way to obtain and implement a heatsink? Would it be possible to use the one inside the Wii?
  16. Epixauce

I've recently become interested in the prospect of portable consoles...

Really appreciate everyone's help, for an up and coming forum, this has proven to be a great resource! @ShockSlayer @Geliot0406 @cheese @JacksonS @trevor403
  17. Epixauce

While I have this thread, I think I'll go ahead and ask if this is the right place to talk about base level portable concepts. I noticed in the Wii thread it's mostly finished products/ build logs. Is this the best place to ask for help/ suggestions?
  18. Epixauce

So this would basically convert it to a signal the wii can recognize? And yeah, this is kind of why I'm starting where I am. So I can really start figuring out how this all works without going all out.
  19. Epixauce

What kind of connection does say, a laptop screen take?
  20. Epixauce

My biggest concern actually lies with batteries and display compatibilities. I don't really mind the size at this moment, I am content with keeping the full motherboard, the disk drive, and all other parts cut to slim down the device. I'm really looking to make a battery powered Wii with a...