Search results

1. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

How do you troubleshoot the board after a reduction? After I trim off the LED, I really have no way of telling if my board has power, but no AV
  2. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

Started working on this project again after a long hiatus. I plan to finish this thing out. I bought a new board and did a full board reduction. I must have introduced a short or severed a connection somewhere because when I supply power, the chips remain cold. Im not sure how to troubleshoot...
  3. Kevin Price

Question N64 board reduction question

Just did a board reduction and Ive attached a couple pictures. Dont get power on my board or AV. Can someone take a look and see if I need to connect any traces near the mem cart slot I might have cut? I think I also need to connect a 2k resistor to pin 8 of the PIF, right? Also I attached a...
  4. Kevin Price

Question Screen not working

Unfortunately, I tried both of these to no avail. The gauge of wire shouldnt matter for the composite cable right? Ive got 20g wire connecting the battery to power the screen... Is this an issue considering the screen turns on and I can change input source?
  5. Kevin Price

Question Screen not working

Hi all, Hoping someone can take a look at these pictures and tell me where my missing wire is :) I can plug my board into N64 power cables and N64 AV cables and it works fine. However, when I solder a wire from the composite plugin on the underside of the board into this screen here...
  6. Kevin Price

Question N64 board reduction question

Hi all, Is the N64 board reduction referenced here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/trimming-your-n64-revs-1-4.52/ Specific to a CPU revision? The pictures have NUS-CPU-004, but will the full reduction work on the other CPU revisions 001-003? Thanks
  7. Kevin Price

Discussion N64 Noob Thread

Well my wires are 6inches.. I'm using servo wire so I think it's either 26 or 28 gauge. How short should I go with servo wire?
  8. Kevin Price

Here's some pictures.. Two eyes sets of eyes are better than one.. thank you :)
  9. Kevin Price

Hey all, I keep having an issue with my portable. I turn it on and sometimes it doesnt come on. Other times, it does come on. And sometimes it will turn on and then freeze a few seconds in. Ive already tried looking for shorts and I just got done rewiring the cartridge slot to no avail. I keep...
  10. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

Pretty much what they said. I found two on eBay for around $40. They're rare and you'll have to do some searching to find them. I'm using the other one that I have for a Wii/snes portable
  11. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

After an eternity of sanding, bondo, sanding, sanding and more sanding.. The latest..
  12. Kevin Price

Thanks for all the answers guys, its really informative! Ill wire them up and see if they work. Another question: How can I secure my heatsinks to the CPU? they fall off with thermal paste on them... Can I use hotglue? 2 part epoxy? thanks!!
  13. Kevin Price

Just got my speakers and audio amp problem is I have no idea how to wire up these speakers.. Can someone help me out? Theres no marks indicating + or - so im not sure where to put that.. and there are 4 solder points so that confusing to me as well Heres a picture:
  14. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

Tested the screen and it works great! The image quality isnt bad
  15. Kevin Price

Thank you very much!
  16. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

Hey Shank, Thanks for those links.. You mentioned that this screen does not accept composite: http://www.good-display.com/products_detail/productId=92.html It says the video input is VIDEO and VGA... does VIDEO input mean composite? One of the wires coming off of its board is yellow, which...
  17. Kevin Price

Ah okay. I think the batteries I got come with a protection circuit. Whenever ive had a short in my board, they shut off and I need to plug them in to reset the circuit. I did email bacteria directly and asked him about this at one point. he said it was cool to wire in parallel and he actually...
  18. Kevin Price

I thought that the protection circuits that come with the are okay if you wire in parallel? This guy on top (sorry for poor quality)
  19. Kevin Price

Whats the standard for n64port batteries nowadays? Do people still use the lion camcorder 7.4v batteries? (as made popular by bacteria) or have we found something better?
  20. Kevin Price

Worklog GB64p

Looks great man! Good work with the frankencasing. What color are you going to paint it?