Search results

1. Nick

Solved Formatting USB

Can someone please remind me what I need size/cluster wise that the USB needs to be for portablelizeMii? I had it saved somewhere but now can't find it. Also what program do people typically use to format? I use guiformat.exe is that fine?
  2. Nick

Question Biggest USB thumbdrive

What is the biggest storage size a USBcan be that any of you have used and that works with portablizemii? (Preferably the smallest profile)
  3. Nick

Question Controller board

so I've got my cube controller board all cut up and all wires attatched. To test it out do I need to solder all tacts to the corresponding buttons or could I get away with wiring up just the sticks, A and B?
  4. Nick

Question Trimmed wii won't boot

So I got my trimmed wii all wired up and nothing.. no picture to the screen. Tested all regulator outputs and they are all good, connected them to their corresponding areas as shown on the trim guide. Have USB wired up directly to the 5v custom regulator and had even swapped the two data lines...
  5. Nick

Question MX Chip

Can you remove the mx chip completely and solder to its pins or do you have to leave the surrounding components within the red box for it to function correctly? (as seen on the trim guide) http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/#post-1492
  6. Nick

Wii NAND

If anyone has a wii NAND chip that they aren't using and would like to send my way I would appreciate it. Broke mine so in the mean time I started working on another board I had laying around to keep me busy, but would like to continue with that board as well if possible.
  7. Nick

Ultra Thin Fan

I'm in search of an ultra thin fan that runs off 5v max and is about half the size or so as the wiis heatsink, any suggestions or help is appreciated.
  8. Nick

Aurelios: Volume/Sync Button Mod

Original Schematic: Graphical Display: For any of you that thought this mod was useful or wondered how to do it here you go, volume and sync are combine into one tact switch. Thanks to Aurelio for helping me through this and allowing me to post this guide for others to learn and use. All...
  9. Nick

Question Did I Mess Up My Board?

I noticed I cut a little closer than I wanted to to the NAND but the pins are still attatched... Is it to close or by some miracle will it be fine?
  10. Nick

Closest Board Trim?

what is the closest trim you can do to the board without having to relocate anything? I've seen the trim guide, but there has to be some points that you can trim in a little on those pictures?
  11. Nick

Question Motherboard problem.. Suggestions?

So I wired up my regulators after removing components, the on board regulators, and the back ICs and their surrounding components. Then connected the u10 to u5. Tried turning on the wii to make sure everything worked before trimming and no luck.. checked the voltages to make sure they were...
  12. Nick

Trimming Question

I own a band saw and was wondering if you could use it to cut a motherboard, as long as you you sand down the edges after cutting?
  13. Nick

Charge and play question

Probably a silly question but is there a way you can have one smallish port for both charging and wall plug and play instead of two separate ports? Or could you just leave off the wall plug on the bottom right pin of the DPDT switch if you wanted to...
  14. Nick

Battery Circuit Board?

So I recently purchased a 7.4v Batterypack split it in half to get two slimmer portions, but my question is are these already equip with the protection board(s) or what are those boards on top of each for?
  15. Nick

Regulator Voltage Outputs

Wired up my Ti regulators and tested their outputs with a multimeter, I got the following voltages: 5.05v, 3.38v, 1v, and the last jumps between 1.15 and 1.16. Just wondering if these slight increased voltages are to above what they should be and if I should redo them or if they will be fine?
  16. Nick

GameCube Controller Question

Does the signal/data pin running off the GameCube controller need to be shielded or will a non shielded wire work fine?
  17. Nick

Regulator Wiring Question

On the TI regulators do you have to wire ground and power wires to the top pads or can you wire them to the bottom pegs of the board?
  18. Nick

Question Portablizemii question

this pops up when I scroll to the top and press on the emulator shortcut, how do I refresh the cache so it can find my n64 roms and is there a way I can have it auto refresh so I don't have to do this all the time?
  19. Nick

Best Suggested Games

I'm wondering what the best games are for the gamecube, n64, snes, ps1, and gba are