Search results

1. ByteMe

Discussion post your Gamecube controller

The colors slowly fade/cycle though the spectrum. The purple is also my favourite.
  2. ByteMe

Discussion post your Gamecube controller

A present I made for my brother a while back. Just swapped the back half with a clear shell and installed some rgb leds. Nice and simple.
  3. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

BUMP Another update in the original post!
  4. ByteMe

Worklog Josh's first Wii portable

I know I'm a little late to respond but figured I'd share my experience. As a fellow Canadian, I strongly suggest using mouser over digikey, shipping options are better, several shipping options include duties and taxes (so no surprises when it arrives at your door), and finally pricing is the...
  5. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

I've been working hard on this the past few weeks, but I want to finish a bit more before posting another update. Currently, I am looking into using 2 of these batteries. Would it be okay to sandwich these between my screen/motherboard. The screen is led so stays cool and back of the board...
  6. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

BUMP Update in original post
  7. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

I'm just glad it's an easy fix, although will probably have to use a few resistors in parallel to get close as I don't have the best selection. If you could move it that'd be great, I was trying to earlier but couldn't figure it out.
  8. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

Update: First off thanks Jefflongo and Madmorda for the troubleshooting assistance, but unfortunately I was unable to salvage that board. I trimmed up a second one which was successful. Unfortunately, I have encountered a few more issues. My fan has suddenly stopped working, another is on...
  9. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

I think that I have a different revision than the picture you linked, anyways I checked to the points in the attached photo and all is good. That was my first thought, I did tape over the chips so I don't see how something could have. I took some compressed air and blew the board off to see...
  10. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

Yes prior to trimming this exact setup was working, both the regulators and screen. I just checked the screen with a untrimmed board to be sure and it works flawlessly. There is no continuity between the 5, 12 or 3.3 lines and ground, and the 1.9 is reading 21.8 ohms.
  11. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

Those are actually the points where I am supplying to the board, so they are receiving voltage. As for the video, I just chopped the male ends off an av cable and have it plugged into the input of my monitor. Edit: Not sure if this is useful, when power is applied there is a faint audio...
  12. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

Yeah I just had the one line hooked up for testing. I know for a fact that my 1.9v regulator is a little low (I used the recommended 1k resistor), 1.76 with no load and 1.61 under load. The others are good: 3.31v no load, 3.20 under load also 5.04v no load, 4.96 under load. As I said though...
  13. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

I attached pics of both sides of the motherboard in the post above, what specifically are you wanting pics of?
  14. ByteMe

Worklog ByteMe's GCp

BUMP Have been working on this the past couple weeks as I aim to complete it for this year's contest after last year's failure. Since last year, remaining parts have been acquired. I have also revised my plans adding: dalian good display, gc video, custom regulators, GC+, and using a AG-54...
  15. ByteMe

Solved Wasp Fusion Issues

Thanks, that's what I thought too, it must act differently on wii because it just froze up on me.
  16. ByteMe

Solved Wasp Fusion Issues

So I was just testing out my wasp on wii to ensure that all my sd card formatting and such was correct and all was able to boot games with no issues. I was familiarizing myself with the swiss menu and mistakingly pressed the button indicated in the picture, and now the wii will not recognize the...
  17. ByteMe

Question DaftMikes Low-battery Circuit

Whoops it was working on my end, edited the original post.
  18. ByteMe

I was hoping to do that, would this one be fine, or do you have a link to a through-hole alternative. I am wanting to sort of backlight a larger area so would two in parallel be fine? Edit: Fixed Link
  19. ByteMe

Thanks, I came across that one as well. I prefer the dual led's just for aesthetic purposes, but I'll consider your alternative.
  20. ByteMe

I am wanting to build this, or something similar with two leds, green power indicator and then switches to red led when low voltage occurs. Does anybody have the schematic saved somewhere, all I could find were dead links. Also it suggests any npn transistor, any suggestions on some good...