Search results

1. kingderp2

Question Help with DS lite rubber conductive pads and continuity

Hello, so I'm working on my Wii portable which I made a custom PCB for. I was testing everything to see if it worked when I noticed that the rubber conductive pads I have for DS lite face/dpad buttons aren't closing the circuit and triggering a button press. I used my multimeter to check the...
  2. kingderp2

Question Help choosing mosfet for screen shutoff

Hey everybody. So I want to use a mosfet to turn off my screen using the HPD pin on my HDMI-out port. Been looking into it for a while and still pretty confused on some of the terminology and what exactly I should be searching for on Digikey to find an appropriate mosfet to use. I've drawn up a...
  3. kingderp2

Worklog The Phiinix

After taking a long hiatus following the failure of the Zoowiimama (RIP) I wanted to come back and actually finish a Wii portable, so from the ashes of the Zoowiimama rises the Phiinix! I contemplated just making an Ashida but I really like the design process so decided against it. I also...
  4. kingderp2

Question Continuity Between I2S Audio Lines and Ground

Hey Bitbuilt, I was in the process of wiring up my trimmed Wii. I had video (VGA), USB, GC+, and power all hooked up and working. The Wii was booting fine. Then I tried to wire up digital audio as well as the SDW and SCW lines and my Wii just boots into a black screen now. I can tell it's on...
  5. kingderp2

Question Help with Controller Data Line Demux

Hello, I need a little help with a data line demultiplexer in my Wii. So I've got a dock that goes along with the portable and whenever the system is docked it should switch the player one data line from the internal controls to the controller port held inside the dock. I already had some PCB's...
  6. kingderp2

Worklog Zoo-Wii Mama

After completing my first portable project (being my phat PS2) I immediately started working on a follow up with the goal of making it a lot sleeker and A LOT thinner. I decided to do a Wii this time and also decided that I wanted to try my hand at designing my own PCB's for this design. So I...
  7. kingderp2

Worklog Chonkstation 2

I actually finished this project a month or two ago and had been meaning to do a worklog as I went along but never got around to it. Whoops... Anyway, this is a worklog of my very first portable project. Prior to this I had never touched a soldering iron, done any 3D modeling work like this, or...
  8. kingderp2

Question Help with circuit for cutting power to screen when docked

Hello, I'm currently working on my second portable and I wanted to challenge myself to make my own PCB's for this build. Basically I'm making a Wii portable and I want it to have a dock that has an HDMI out port on it. When the system is docked I want to turn the screen off and cut off all audio...
  9. kingderp2

Question Ps2 won't boot after wiring up VGA

Hi, so I've got a 79001 board that I've trimmed with the standard trim. Everything was working fine and I could get composite video out. Last night I tried wiring VGA up and got it to display picture but it was yellowish. I think I could fix this in the ps2 settings perhaps. But my soldering...
  10. kingderp2

What I'm planning for my first build/A few questions

Hey, guys. I’m totally new around here but I’ve been looking around for a while researching and getting ready to make my first portable. I’ve got a general idea of everything I want to include in it but I have a few questions and wanted to verify my understanding of a few things first if I...