Search results

1. Gonjona

Best Flex PCB manufacturers

Hi, I am looking to get a flex PCB made for a project I'm doing, and I'm kinda at a loss as to where to get it produced. JLCPCB has been my go-to for regular PCBs for a long time due to their unbeatable prices and high quality and fast turnaround times. But they don't offer flex PCB services...
  2. Gonjona

Question Original DS Controller Mod

I'm looking at making a mod to use a SNES controller on a DS. I'm familiar with interfacing the button test pads on the DS, I'm mainly just interested in what I could use as a compact way to interpret the signal from a SNES controller and break that out into separate wires connecting to each...
  3. Gonjona

Solved Fixing failed u10 relocation

So I just relocated the u10 on an un trimmed board. I followed the instructions on the trim guide, and now when I turn on the Wii I see this: I have the USB drive plugged in, which worked perfectly before. It appears that I lifted this pad: Additionally, I didn't lift the pads that were...
  4. Gonjona

Discussion DS TV out

I've been researching the process of doing a TV out mod from a DS (likely RGB, but a component/composite option would be nice too). I have dug up seemingly all of the information available, which is all around 10 years old. Here is the main one...
  5. Gonjona

Question USB Charging on portable Wii

Most of the recent wii portables I've been seeing are using USB charging. How is that working, and is there a new charging solution I don't know about? Is it just using a step up converter to be able to charge with 5v? Also I've had it up to here with the PTHs and if there's any other way (if...
  6. Gonjona

Guide Easy way to replace DS fuses.

We've all come across a DS or two with a blown fuse. I know I have. It's such an easy fix but I'm just not good enough at soldering to replace that tiny thing. The solution? Add legs! It's a pretty stupid fix but it works, and at least on the Phat DS, there's plenty of space for it. I just...
  7. Gonjona

Question TI Reg outputting 0.767 volts

So I'm wiring my 1v reg, and I have it hooked up to a barrel jack with a 12V 0.5A input. It keeps outputting 0.767 volts, which I thought is close to 1v, so I lowered the resistance by about 10k ohm and its still reading 0.767. I had this happen on another regulator but then it just stopped...
  8. Gonjona

Solved Load Times

So I loaded a game on postloader, the background music barely worked, and it took like 30 seconds to go between streams. I heard something about this being caused by the USB stick. I couldn't really find it, so if this is the cause, what is the USB drive I should get?
  9. Gonjona

Portable Kits?

So I thought of this today, but wouldn't it be interesting to make full kits for portables? Some sort of semi-mass produced case, buttons, etc. It would be a great way for new portablizers to start out, and to understand how all the parts work and what they do. I'd like to hear what the...
  10. Gonjona

Solved On custom regs

On digikey, it has all these different kinds of regulators with suffixes after the PTH08080, such as PTH08080WAH, and it seems like all the documentation on the custom regs just says "get a PTH08080" so does it matter which one i get? And should I even get them at digikey? Where is the best...
  11. Gonjona

Worklog My First Portable (Wii)

12/19/2017 I've been working on this for a few months, but only in the past couple weeks have I started getting really into it. My case was inspired by one of Gman's older portables, here. I will be doing a landscape design meant to stand up at an angle, looking like the amazon echo show or...