Search results

1. sappyjupiter37

Worklog Reviive Worklog and Questions - Portable Wii Brought Back From The Dead!

I bought a broken Nintendo Wii/NGC Portable for $130 (USD) on eBay and I plan to fix it. I took apart the portable and from what I’ve seen from people’s worklogs, I don’t see anything apparently wrong with it. I also plugged the USB into my PC and it seems to have standard RVLoader and...
  2. sappyjupiter37

Solved Low Profile USB Drives for RVLoader?

I’ve been looking around for low profile flash drives that I intend to use for RVLoader in a portable and came across two Samsung ones, each of which being two different generations of each other, black one being newer and white one being older and was curious: which would work best? Thanks...
  3. sappyjupiter37

Question Wii Trim for G-Wii Rev 2 Build?

I was wondering if the OMGWTF trim with the U10 relocation would fit in the G-Wii case or if another trim is necessary, and if so, what trim? Thanks.
  4. sappyjupiter37

Question How do the buttons work on a Wii Portable?

My question is: how do I get the button contacts that I need to register button input to send to 4layertech’s GC+ 2 board? Would I cut them off a Gamecube controller, or are they made elsewhere?
  5. sappyjupiter37

Question First (Very Rough) Inside design of a Wii Portable

I know this is VERY rough but I drew this out and was wondering what the experienced builders would think. Is there anything I’m missing? So far I got the Wii Mobo, a 5 inch screen someone in the forums recommended me, Gamecube buttons and joysticks, U-Amp 2, PMS-PD 2, GC+ 2, RVL-NTC, RVL-PMS 2...
  6. sappyjupiter37

Question Screen for a Wii Portable?

Hello! I’ve been picking out parts for my custom Wii Portable and so far have these parts: A Wii 4layertech’s U-Amp 2 4layertech’s PMS-PD 2 4layertech’s RVL NTC 4layertech’s RVL-PMS 2 2x 18650 Samsung Batteries 22AWG wire 34AWG wire And all required tools that I don’t already have such as a...
  7. sappyjupiter37

How does it all work? And why?

Hello! I’m new to the Bitbuilt forums and came here interested in Wii portables. I’ve been wondering a few things: How does it all work? (Why do certain circuits exist, what do they do, and why things are the way they are in the insides of a Wii portable) What is the difficulty level of...