Search results

1. DeadTreeCarcasses

Worklog WiiGC (working title)

Finally back at it! Hot work station at work reallly helped with the LCD board paring down. LCD screen a success!
  2. DeadTreeCarcasses

Screen running on 5v help

Just got around to thinning out this board. Thanks for the guide. It worked flawlessly.
  3. DeadTreeCarcasses

Been away for a while, can't proceed until I get around to purchasing a reflow station to trim up my VGA display board - Christmas maybe? In the mean time, I found a moment at work to lap the heatsink, fan and copper plate - luckily we have a material lab with a nice water disc polisher. I...
  4. DeadTreeCarcasses

Thanks Wesk. That link seems to just keep taking me to the discord web browser login. I will see if I can find those steps, but tbh I have found it a pretty good exercise for familiarizing myself with the mesh editing tools of Fusion 360. If I mess them up royally then I can always fall back on...
  5. DeadTreeCarcasses

Been taking things slowly over the past few days / couple weeks. Painstaking mesh trimming work to integrate just the parts of the GC controller I want (including OG PCB and button/trigger mounting locations) and tossing the rest. My 18650s finally came in and somehow my trim miraculously...
  6. DeadTreeCarcasses

My man. Thank you sir/madam!
  7. DeadTreeCarcasses

I think I have the same board, you ever figure this out?
  8. DeadTreeCarcasses

WiiNX - Portable Wii Brazil

This is so clean. What a glorious build. Nice job.
  9. DeadTreeCarcasses

Making progress with the case and layout.
  10. DeadTreeCarcasses

Worklog PriiMiium

I actually found this https://www.techingredients.com/product-page/thermal-epoxy after watching their epoxy series on youtube. I think I'll end up lapping the bottom of my 30x7mm fan, heatsink, copper plate and just thermal epoxy them together rather than mess around with a torch and Al to...
  11. DeadTreeCarcasses

Worklog PriiMiium

hey, curious what thickness of plate you ended up going with? Might steal you idea of welding the plate to the heatsink, if not just super polishing both sides to get them dang flat.
  12. DeadTreeCarcasses

Trim resistances were a little lower than I expected, 3v3 was in the 4k ballpark. Discovered I can't just plug in USB-C to power up so will snag a couple of 18650s or if I'm feeling impatient borrow a benchtop power supply from work. Surprisingly fun soldering this all together - magnet wire was...
  13. DeadTreeCarcasses

3D printed robotic arm

wait, i'm confused ... are you asking someone to design you a robot arm?? You might be better of at thingiverse.com
  14. DeadTreeCarcasses

Model OMGWTF Trim

Hey all, I modelled my OMGWTF Trim (RVK-CPU-01) before I realized there was already a central repository for such models. I verified the hole spacing against @jefflongo 's model and can confirm it matches. The GPU/CPU maaaaay be ever so slightly different but not enough to make a difference if...
  15. DeadTreeCarcasses

Shuck successful after installing RVLoader and a couple of games to test. Figured I would practice scratching and soldering some traces and seeing if I could get the bluetooth module relocated successfully. It worked! I will be trimming the board and wiring together a test bench with my 4layer...
  16. DeadTreeCarcasses

Model Gamecube controller STL

This might be a noob question, and likely is, but why is the bottom shell split into 4 parts? Do STL files have a size limit or something?
  17. DeadTreeCarcasses

I’m actually using those scans as reference
  18. DeadTreeCarcasses

Worklog My first portable

quick question, having not seen / held either an IPS or TFT TN 5in panel before - right now the Eyoyo 5" IPS is around $80 and TFT one you linked is around $30. Is the extra $50 to go IPS worth it in your opinion? Given the fact that a portable is literally right in front of your face most of...
  19. DeadTreeCarcasses

Hello all, Just taken the plunge towards building my own Wii portable. One day many moons ago, I strolled into an independent used game store in Edinburgh Scotland and saw a gamecube demo stand running Rogue Squadron. An N64 gamer as a wee lad, I wandered over incredibly intrigued at this other...
  20. DeadTreeCarcasses

RVLoader v1.6

suspected as much, thanks! I have an EVO microSD - just ordered all I need from 4layer so the adapter is on it's way!