Search results

1. Law

Worklog Bluetooth module replacement

Update: The code for this project has been working for a while, I just hadn't had time to slap together a quick demo of what it does. I finally got around to it, so here it is. If you are allergic to hasty/sloppy soldering, look away now. This is a PIC32MX270F256D (the particular chip is not...
  2. Law

Wow, despite looking at a ton of different USB device controller chips and reading through countless search results, I somehow missed the fact that there are AVR and PIC MCUs that have this stuff built in as well. Thanks guys for pointing that out, this makes things a lot simpler. I've ordered...
  3. Law

So I've been working on this Bluetooth module replacement. I've been too busy to get farther recently but I thought I'd share some progress in the meantime for your reading pleasure :awesome: (note: you may want to sit down and perhaps fetch a beverage of some variety if you plan to read all of...
  4. Law

Worklog Wii Touchscreen

The wmemulator.c file uses linux sockets/bluetooth (bluez) to get bluetooth data to/from the wii and the input.c file uses a library (sdl) to get keyboard input. Communication and input may need to be modified to suit whatever platform or device you want to run it on and what you want to use for...
  5. Law

Discussion Wiimote Emulator

Cool, let me know if you have any questions about it. I'm still working on a BT module emulator/replacement that will use this (albeit slowly, when I have time...)
  6. Law

Discussion WiiSearch and Development

That could be handy, though it might be a bit hard to make sense of all the bits flying down the line without any help from some kind of logic decoder. Then again, unless there's something funny going on with that module, hopefully it should be standard protocol and nothing more. My plan was to...
  7. Law

The device implements lower parts of the stack. I have no idea how the upper parts are done on the Wii, but as far as the module cares, it isn't important. It communicates with the host using HCI, which is fairly straightforward. If one were to replace the physical device without changing the...
  8. Law

This is not incredibly surprising, I was actually going to try this myself at some point. The Wii's BT is literally an off the shelf USB broadcom chip (with possibly some slight hackery going on that isn't normally possible with a standard module, not sure). In any case, I've been working on a...
  9. Law

Now that I think about it, it might make more sense to continue this from a different angle. Since the Wii's bluetooth module is just a (fairly standard) usb device, it would be feasible to bypass the module altogether and implement the HCI layer of a bluetooth adapter over usb. That way you...
  10. Law

Indeed. Even with a valid Nintendo wiimote address, an exact copy of the wiimote's bluetooth SDP records, device name, and device class, it won't bite. Though it seems that as soon as some connectionless checking is done, it is more than happy to connect. That's the part that happens with the...
  11. Law

Hey all, Didn't know about this site, sharing this on here as well for folks that are interested (og post on modretro) I've been working on a Wiimote replacement for use in a Wii portable, ideally some kind of internal controller that could universally control things like IR pointing, WMP...