Search results

1. Memed

Worklog 1st Portable Worklog!

A lot of things have happened since the summer, and I simply don't have time to complete this. If I do end up finishing this, it'll be in the summer.
  2. Memed

Project is not dead. I had/have to take care of a lot of stuff and most likely will not finish it this summer. I aim to have it done sometime in the fall maybe.
  3. Memed

Post your PC specs and other info! (Laptops and Tablets welcome too.)

Might be worth your time to pick up a 4k monitor then. When watching videos you can use its native res and just run games at 1440
  4. Memed

dude thats enough to run 1440p at 60fps, what are you doing at 1080p get those extra pixels
  5. Memed

PC lmao i5-6600k somewhere around 3.6ghz 16gb ddr4 clocked around 3900mhz with stock timings msi z170 krait gaming 3x 256gb sandisk ssd and 1tb hdd EVGA gtx 1060 6gb clocked to around 2ghz boost Thermaltake 750w gold psu random Acer 1080p ips monitor windows 7 ultimate ftw runs anything at...
  6. Memed

After a long hiatus, I've gotten around to working on this once again. So far, I've been able to salvage a board thanks to Aurelio who helped me relocate the u10. :) I've assembled regs and the power circuit, and began working on controls and Bluetooth.
  7. Memed

Wii SP 2.0

This is actually amazing. Literally impossible to top lmao.
  8. Memed

I have 2 for ya. One with slashed NAND traces, might be able to turn it into a LMAO trim. The newest one might need the U10 soldered directly to some traces.
  9. Memed

Exactly what I plan to do. Luckily, I got a lot of Wiis for very, VERY cheap. I will definitely invest in a much better iron though.
  10. Memed

I killed another Wii. The soldering pads where U5 were have all turned black except for the one where the wire to the GPU is soldered. I think it may be the cheap soldering iron that caused this problem. Welp, back to the dremel.
  11. Memed

Nice! Thanks so much!
  12. Memed

Awesome! I do have another question, though. Do you know if u9 can be used in place of u10? I don't want to kill yet ANOTHER Wii if I don't have to.
  13. Memed

Checked resistances, heres what I got: 1v: 285kOhms 1.15v: 42 Ohms 3.3v: 2.7k Ohms Not sure if the 1.15v is shorted, if anyone could help that'd be great. Also, the reading for the 1v line seems a bit odd to say the least. I hope I am not reading it wrong and that I am getting the correct voltage!
  14. Memed

If you could find the list or measure them out that'd be amazing! Thanks so much!
  15. Memed

It's a very tight squeeze, but if everything fits I'd like the smaller size. Thanks for the advice! What resistances should I look for to see if there is a short? I read somewhere on these forums that <1 Ohm could be a short.
  16. Memed

Either the SL-68 or SL-57. The Wii itself fits into both cases, admittedly a bit snug in the smaller one, but if I can fit all of my components in the Sl-57 I will use that one. I did check the voltages, and nearly everything shorted to ground. I plan to finish sanding when the high grit...
  17. Memed

Finally got around to trimming and sanding another Wii. 4 layer, just like last time, except I taped it up when dremeling and took extra caution when trimming to make sure I do not repeat my mistake. Done trimming, will finish up sanding later after I get some higher grit paper. If I am...
  18. Memed

Once I need another Wii or have free time I will sort out these issues. Thanks for the advice, though!
  19. Memed

Picked up 6 wiis, all with disc drive issues. Got 3 to boot right off the bat, one is missing a disc drive, one has no video, and one has some sort of power issue. Got PortablizeMii installed on one that works, will try to trim it when I have some free time.
  20. Memed

Ordered what (hopefully) should be the last things I need, and am able to get 6 four layer Wiis. Unfortunately, most of the stuff I ordered will be arriving at the end of next week, right before I go on a class trip, so I won't be able to make progress for a while. I'll keep you guys posted on...